Tips: Hearing guy meet HoH girl

Catastrophic

Reaction score
Hey so I have had an interested in a girl I see almost everyday I go to school. In our cafeteria, there is a corner where the deaf people hang out together. Well I see this girl there everyday. She is not all the way deaf I am assuming since she wears hearing aids. I have seen her speaking and helping an ASL student before as well. She is fluent in ASL from what I can see. I have not spoken to her because I thought my Alldeaf friends could give me some tips first :)

So is there any tips for an ASL 1 guy to go talk to this girl who very much appears to be apart of the deaf community?

Oh, maybe you would impress her by teaching a cat to sign "whatever" with their paws. Maybe she'll be amazed if cat would sign "whatever".

Best tip I can give: Do NOT talk to your friends about women you want to date.

As Jackie Gleason once said: You can think about it, but dooonnnnnn't do it.

ASK.. HER.. OUT...

Seriously, keep the women to yourself and introduce them to your friends at your wedding. Sound good?

Try this: Would you like to hang out Friday night?

^^^^ It's that simple.

And, if you're thinking to yourself, "what if I fail". Dude, you've already failed.

You'll be fine.. report back here.

Well that sounds pretty standard? I would be fine just talking to someone. I just didn't want to do something stupid or maybe offensive because of the cultural difference that might be present.

just start with a small talk then you will know what to do from there. don't ask her to go out yet. Just focus on the small talk first.

Were are we with this little venture? Have you found out if she is totally psycho yet?

Guess as serious response was out of the question.

Just say hello. If you know how to sign it, sign hello.
Tell he you have noticed her.
There is a huge chance that she has noticed you.

Or maybe you should notice other people.
It seems like you are in high school...you have so much time to date and whatnot.

Hello :) I just wanted to know what happened between you and her? Did you finally accomplish to date her? :)

Back