Tinnitus

When I first wake up in the morning, I hear what sounds like an airplane taking off. I never noticed it before until one Saturday morning when I kept my CIs off for a few hours like I usually do on the weekend.

You too? Oh yeah, I always get that, and it annoys me because it sounded SO loud! But of course CI stops it right away, and after walking around for a while, helps quiet it down. That's one thing that I noticed that I had after CI surgeries that I didn't have with my HA.

I'm just glad that both of us had our severe tinnitus issues resolved.

AlleyCat - we all have been there. It does get worse as you age due to progressive hearing loss, stress, more exposure to loud sounds, etc.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Instead you can buy natural sound (white sound) it sound like ocean, winds, or rain and will help alot to sleep. If you use it for long time to listen to it, it might cure the tinnitus.

Had one that worked great when I had more hearing. Now the only "white noise" I can hear is a lawnmower, chain saw, or jet engine. It's hell on the neighbors! :giggle:.

Not sure about others but for me, yes!!! I during my nearly 11 months of Tinnitus hell.. I was NOT happy, and was sooo stressed out trying like hell to communicate with my family & friends. It got so bad that I just stayed away from most people 'cept my own husband, daughters & my mom 'cause with them, they worked with me to understand them. Like my oldest would have to tell me what my youngest was saying often cause my youngest also had a slight speech issues so I'd not really be able to understand what she is saying just from reading her lips due to her not saying alot of things correctly & me not hearing at all due to tinnitus masking speech.. it was awful!!! I cried alot during those 11 months. I never want to ever go thru that again & I hope no one ever has to experience it!!! In my case, though, it didn't mean I was losing my hearing, cause I wasn't at all. I do not have a progressive loss & hearing tests during that year showed it too! It was simply because of other things & my brain craving to hear after quite a few years of not hearing anything from one side.

is it possible it causes you to feel so stress more than before while tinnius has been increasing??

As an adult, I hated sleeping with my aids on but when I had my oldest & husband was working 3rd shift so I slept with one aid on so I could hear her cries even though we co-slept for awhile, then I had her sleep in a toddler bed in our room just so I could feel safe that I cud hear her. I did same thing with my youngest. Now? I can't stand sleeping with CI on! I gotta have my peace & quietness!!! Same with TV, it cannot be on either or I just simply can't sleep!

However when I was growing up, I preferred to sleep with at least one aid on and have TV on for background noise! Funny how that changed when I grew up. :)

A friend of mine sleep with her HA's on. She also leaves her radio on as well. As long as she can hear something. It helps her to block out her ringing in the ears.

That is what she told me. :dunno:

You are the second person, I have heard of sleeping with their HAs on to help tinnitus.

Back