tinnitus

getting examined tomorow

hi everyone. im going into hospital tomorow to recieve some further tests as they suspect i have severe tinnitus (after receiving a concussion). i just wondered what to expect and dont want to have my ears or head opened up or anything.

I have very mild hearing loss. It's in the 45decible range I think whatever normal conversation is at. People seem to be mumbling to me if they have a soft voice or their a man. Low tones are hard for me. anywho, I have tinnitus off and on several times a week and then frequently it seems for a minute or two I lose my stereo hearing in the ear where the tinnitus is. I hear a ring in my ear sounds live when you are taking a hearing test. it is usually mid range to high pitch sound. Fortunately, it isn't severe like you all's. I wonder what causes it. I did have lots of ear infections when I was a kid. And i had a perforated eardrum in the r ear.

hi everyone. im going into hospital tomorow to recieve some further tests as they suspect i have severe tinnitus (after receiving a concussion). i just wondered what to expect and dont want to have my ears or head opened up or anything.

Highly unlikely they will do any drastic. There is only so much anybody can do about tinnitus. They will simply check if there is a physical component to why you might have tinnitus and suggest solutions for it. If there isn't, their guess is good as mine.

The best of success!

I did have lots of ear infections when I was a kid. And i had a perforated eardrum in the r ear.

You and I are very similar in this respect. I've had ear infections since infancy as well as a perforated eardrum in my left ear at age 17. I've had mild tinnitus (similar to what you describe) since childhood which never really bothered me and was something I could ignore 99.9% of the time. However, it wasn't until after both of my CI surgeries that the tinnitus reached the point where it is more bothersome to me. Fortunately, it has improved significantly over the past several months. I'm now down to hearing only 3 or 4 different sounds instead of 8. :)

I didnt get tinnitus until i was around 16 and it started out not too bad but bad enuf and then it got alot worse..it has eased up a little but i still hear the same annoying eee sounds at nite and when its quiet during the day..but for my tests/exams n stuff I listen to music. Also since i got my ha since i'm hearing things amplified and concentrating on listening I dont really pay attention to the tinnitus, well at least until i have to sleep..but even that hasn't been to bad lately! Hopefully it stays that way when school starts up again!

Hi! I know just how you feel. Since losing my hearing Tinnitus is much more prominent. I have what I call a symphony of sounds I have so many going at once, in both ears. I am on a diuretic called Dyazide, it seems to help. Stress and weather can also sometimes aggravate it. Just try and focus on something else. I know it is hard. Take care! ((((hugs)))

Back