Tinnitus

daffy93

Reaction score
Can this ringing in my ear cause headache? I am still getting this ringing in my ear last few weeks and now getting headache. I had my doctor checked my ears few weeks ago and he said my ears were fine. He told me that if it keeps ringing in my ear, he might want me to take another hearing test. I already took hearing test last month and lost more of my hearing, but he wants to do another one if I am still hearing this ringing in my ear. I think it is getting worst since it has been ringing about 3 to 5 min about every evenings. I am little nervous if I am losing more hearing. I will let my audiologist knows about this ringing in my ear when I see her again.

I have not heard that tinnitus can cause headaches. It may be symptomatic of another problem coincidently at the same time you are experiencing tinnitus. Another possiblility would be something effecting your hearing that maybe is causing both symptoms.

I have very bad tinnitus and hearing loss as well, and i get headaches often which makes the ringing worse unfortunately. I take sum extra strength tylenol and put a cold cloth on my forehead or try to fall asleep when that happens. hope that helps

i have bad case of tinnitus in my left ear for a while along with headaches and vertigo.. it got worse.. but now? i cant hear well in my left ear at all.. i had my son screamed in my left ear but dont hear anything? i realized i may be full deaf in my left ear now? weird? i guess i will need to have hearing test again as i am very curious? sighs..

daffy93 said:
Can this ringing in my ear cause headache? I am still getting this ringing in my ear last few weeks and now getting headache. I had my doctor checked my ears few weeks ago and he said my ears were fine. He told me that if it keeps ringing in my ear, he might want me to take another hearing test. I already took hearing test last month and lost more of my hearing, but he wants to do another one if I am still hearing this ringing in my ear. I think it is getting worst since it has been ringing about 3 to 5 min about every evenings. I am little nervous if I am losing more hearing. I will let my audiologist knows about this ringing in my ear when I see her again.

As for me EVERYDAY with many strange sounds! You should be happy! I don't care if I keep losing my hearing .. as long as I wear my hearing aid to stop this. Actually It makes me dizzy ugh I have to take it off! :-(

As long as I can remember. I've learned to pretty much ignore it most times. But it comes back with a venegance, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep, then I have musical tennitis (those who are late-deafened usually have this)....As for headaches, yes, that was sort of "part of the package" with tennitis. Taking a pain killer, and laying down whenever possible was the only thing I've found to do.

i've been hearing my pulse in my right ear for a few months now, but i've just started experiencing really brief moments(less than 5 minutes), where it actually hurts in either one of my ears. someone told me it could be mild tinnitus because of my sinuses not draining right, but i'm not sure. does anyone have any experience with that?

i've been hearing my pulse in my right ear for a few months now, but i've just started experiencing really brief moments(less than 5 minutes), where it actually hurts in either one of my ears. someone told me it could be mild tinnitus because of my sinuses not draining right, but i'm not sure. does anyone have any experience with that?

Nor really sure, but I quizzed my ENT about this....and he said (in my case)...No....BUT, since I've had multiple surgeries and ear infections (chronic), along with acute sinusitis for many years, I feel it does affect my ears and the pain I have off and on (like you do). Even at time, I get a "watery" residue flowing from my ears, mainly the left one.

Nor really sure, but I quizzed my ENT about this....and he said (in my case)...No....BUT, since I've had multiple surgeries and ear infections (chronic), along with acute sinusitis for many years, I feel it does affect my ears and the pain I have off and on (like you do). Even at time, I get a "watery" residue flowing from my ears, mainly the left one.

thank you so much for your help. i wouldn't have as many questions about it if i actually did have anything flowing from either one of my ears at all, but nothing has. along with hearing my pulse, i also have constant pressure in my ear. like when you take a flight and can't pop it afterwards. i've tried cleaning the wax out of them and had no change. right now i'm trying to drink more water and see if that helps any.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

How are you "cleaning out wax" ? If you use a Q-Tip you may well have actually impacted the wax, rather than remove it.

I'd have a dr take a look in your ears and then ask them to recommend a specific ear wax softening and removal treatment for you if you have wax build up.

thank you so much for your help. i wouldn't have as many questions about it if i actually did have anything flowing from either one of my ears at all, but nothing has. along with hearing my pulse, i also have constant pressure in my ear. like when you take a flight and can't pop it afterwards. i've tried cleaning the wax out of them and had no change. right now i'm trying to drink more water and see if that helps any.

Every 3 months, my ENT vacuums (suction tubes) both of my ears and gets all the wax out. (Since the wax seems to embed deep into my ears).....I also had a lot of pressure, and after the ENT vacuums the ears, it goes away and my head feels so much better!

What do you use for wax removal?...And do you use ear plugs or whatever when you wash ur hair? My ENT told me that ear plugs still would not keep all the water out when showering....and water in the ear(s) can cause pain and infections.....he told me to use cotton balls, swabbed with vaseline....insert into each ear. It works very good to keep the water out.

I have posted this before. My tinnitus is brutal. I am completely deaf. I can not wear HA because I have no hearing remaining. My tinnitus is 24/7 with a roar of a jet engine, BONG! BONG! BONG, talk radio, and a car alarm, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I can not ignore it, no way it is way too loud. Definitely gets worse at night. I have not slept more then 3 hours at a time since I went deaf. I truly believe if I do not get some sort of relief from this that it will eventually drive me insane. I am sorry for all who suffer with this!!

Every 3 months, my ENT vacuums (suction tubes) both of my ears and gets all the wax out. (Since the wax seems to embed deep into my ears).....I also had a lot of pressure, and after the ENT vacuums the ears, it goes away and my head feels so much better!

What do you use for wax removal?...And do you use ear plugs or whatever when you wash ur hair? My ENT told me that ear plugs still would not keep all the water out when showering....and water in the ear(s) can cause pain and infections.....he told me to use cotton balls, swabbed with vaseline....insert into each ear. It works very good to keep the water out.

that's a good idea. i haven't tried the ear wax softener, so i'll try that next. i've been using q-tips (college kid budget, y'know?), but i guess that's not very effective for my targeted result. also i may make an appointment with an ENT soon. my ear's been hurting more frequently today, so whether it's worse or better tomorrow will determine that. i don't really use anything when i shower. i've never really had a problem with getting water out of my ears. it's mostly just sinuses. i'm a horrible sniffler.

that's a good idea. i haven't tried the ear wax softener, so i'll try that next. i've been using q-tips (college kid budget, y'know?), but i guess that's not very effective for my targeted result. also i may make an appointment with an ENT soon. my ear's been hurting more frequently today, so whether it's worse or better tomorrow will determine that. i don't really use anything when i shower. i've never really had a problem with getting water out of my ears. it's mostly just sinuses. i'm a horrible sniffler.

Allergies, perhaps?....and throw away those Q-tips. Debrox is good for ear wax removal, and very safe.

Allergies, perhaps?....and throw away those Q-tips. Debrox is good for ear wax removal, and very safe.

most likely. texas is horrible to me when it comes to allergies. i'll definitely try that and let you guys know how it works. :ty::ty:

Just in case any of you do not know this, the following meds will make tinnitus worse|
This list came from my sister in-law, Chief Pathologist in Chicago:

Aspirin, Advil, and Aleve make tinnitus worse, so be careful with these and other antiinflammatories.* Erythromycin & its derivatives (ex. Zithromax, Biaxin) and Vancomycin*do the same.*

Like I said you all probably know this. However since I am pretty new at all of this I am still soaking in as much info as possible. Hope this might help a little.

RR I was thinking of you when I read this information, since you seem to be on antiobiotics frequently.

Just posting an update, thank you for your suggestions rockin'robin. I tried the wax removal, no change. I tried drinking more fluids and eating less salt, no change. As a matter of fact, the wooshing pulse in my right ear has gotten more annoying when it happens and the pressure hasn't changed at all. While the pain/discomfort i feel now in my right ear is becoming more frequent, it doesn't happen often enough for a red flag to go up. this week, i had to take my mom to the emergency room for dizziness, nausea, and a crawling feeling/sound in her right ear. the doctor saud there was nothing there, but that she could have meniere's disease. :/ and since it's genetic, my sister and i could have it too. which would explain the pulse we've been hearing. same ear and everything. so when i find the time, and the room in my budget (God in heaven, help me with that) all three of us have to go get tested for meniere's. I took a hearing test, and though everything came back normal, there's a definite difference between the hearing in my left ear, and the hearing in my right, and even the hearing/feeling that I used to have in my right ear a couple years ago.

Just posting an update, thank you for your suggestions rockin'robin. I tried the wax removal, no change. I tried drinking more fluids and eating less salt, no change. As a matter of fact, the wooshing pulse in my right ear has gotten more annoying when it happens and the pressure hasn't changed at all. While the pain/discomfort i feel now in my right ear is becoming more frequent, it doesn't happen often enough for a red flag to go up. this week, i had to take my mom to the emergency room for dizziness, nausea, and a crawling feeling/sound in her right ear. the doctor saud there was nothing there, but that she could have meniere's disease. :/ and since it's genetic, my sister and i could have it too. which would explain the pulse we've been hearing. same ear and everything. so when i find the time, and the room in my budget (God in heaven, help me with that) all three of us have to go get tested for meniere's. I took a hearing test, and though everything came back normal, there's a definite difference between the hearing in my left ear, and the hearing in my right, and even the hearing/feeling that I used to have in my right ear a couple years ago.

If it's Meniere's disease, we have a thread here for that, even a group...check it out....Many members suffer from this disease also. I'm sorry you and ur family are suffering, but since it's genetic, seems to be the right diagnosis....Good Luck! and hang in there.

Back