tinnitus

ravensteve1961

Reaction score
Im one of those whos deaf 95% Deaf in other words im not all the way deaf i can hear very little sounds like spoon droping car door shut but no hearing aid will work to regain my hearing.In order i can hear someone needs to develop a super hearing aid. But i can hear tinnitus bothering me even im deaf.My doctor says thats because your nerves in your conhlear are reacting that something is missing. That why im hearing tinnitus.I wonder anyone has the samething deaf but can hear tinnitus? So im hoping someday when news breaks out they can regrow hair cells in your conhlear nerves youll hear again as well tinnitus might go away too.

I've had tinnitus once in a blue moon myself....I remember "crackling sounds", "a foghorn sound", etc. It does go away, but it's annoying. and Yes, I am deaf. :)

It varies....I have tinnituas especially when I am stressed or tired.

Yeah, me too, when I am tired, my ears seem to ring louder and louder the more tired I am.

I am hearing and have had tinnitus my whole life for what seems like 24/7........mine is always the high pitched whistle, never heard any other sounds... its can get really annoying, but usually if I have music or something, it doesnt bother me... I havent seen an audiologist about this, but I am starting to consider it.

I have had tinnitis all my life, off and on. I am hearing btw. When I was really young, I had tests done on my hearing and they said I did have some problems, and as I got older and went to concerts and stuck my head in speakers, and stuff Im sure my hearing has gotten even worse. However, surprisingly I experience the ringing in my ears less often than when I was younger, while an older friend of mine says he experiences it constantly. I don't know if he's had tests done to see how much of is hearing he's lost, but will ask him next time I talk with him....... I gotta finish up so computer work for him so should be soon, just my sister, niece, and brother in law in town this week so gotta wait till after they leave.

Nancy said:
I've had tinnitus once in a blue moon myself....I remember "crackling sounds", "a foghorn sound", etc. It does go away, but it's annoying. and Yes, I am deaf. :)
Nancy i hear that too.

Hi, umm I'm not sure about tinnitus. Otherwise, for example I use loud noises like listening to CD little loud for a long time then for a while, I hear the vibration repeat after used to hear CD for long time. so it made my ears vibration for about 20 minutes then went away. Also I experienced ringing. Those did stop last year because I went to doctor to solve it. Before I went to doctor, I noticed that I could not hear good with hearing aids even little wet on molds I think. so doctor did clean my ears with water spray then took some fungus out. I got those fungus as ear infection because of mold that squeak and audiologist put the special chemical around mold to prevent it. I misunderstood audiologist something about alcohol around my chemical prevention against mold. so alcohol messed chemical prevention up so I think that is how I get ear infection... Audiologist means for next time to clean with new molds with alcohol but not with chemical prevention on mold. I hope someone know what I am saying.

Only time i get tinnitus when i'm stressed, once i get tinnitus i have a hard time going to sleep.

i used to get tinnitus.. but after the CI surgery.. it stopped.. i dunno why but sometimes when i take the processor off.. it happens for a few min. then it goes away

tinntius is like a ringing in your ears...

mine's playing beethoven when i take off my hearing aid DON't ASK me i keep hearing voilins playing gawd.........

anyhow its only when my aid is off or i'm just tired

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i used to get tinnitus.. but after the CI surgery.. it stopped.. i dunno why but sometimes when i take the processor off.. it happens for a few min. then it goes away

Yea, I had it too but rather mildly with my HA. After my CI, it went away to nothing and believe me that is soooo wonderful... :dance2:

I have heard some people still suffer it after getting their CI. Typically, it goes away after awhile but not for some folks. :(

That is a good point about CI, that it can help with severe tintiuas....

I had tinnitus for 2 weeks following my CI surgery, but it disappeared once my implant was activated. When I remove my processor at night I still experience tinnitus, but it is mild and goes away after a few minutes. When I have the processor on during the day, I don't have any problems with tinnitus -- thank goodness. :)

I suffered tinnitus for a good portion of 4 years until I had surgery - then tinnitus has been history! Phew. :D

I have tinnitus too. Constant in both ears like a whistle ~ sometimes gets worse with weather or whatever. Can sound like a train or a fire alarm sometimes! weird.

I wrote my post last year about the problem. It probably has to do with your sinus infection without aware of it. I had it for five straight years. I had the surgery and ...finally made it stopped. I don't like to talk about it.

Back