Tinnitus research

briant

Reaction score
Hi
I am a Psychology Hons. student at the University of New England, NSW Australia, researching ways people cope with tinnitus. As part of my honours thesis I am looking for people who experience Tinnitus and who would be interested in completing an online survey. If you would like to take part in this survey please go to:- Brian's survey
While having no personal experience of deafness and related tinnitus my father had to cope with being severely hard of hearing all his life. Despite his reliance on hearing aids (which never seemed to work properly) and a couple of ear operations, his was a constant battle to relate to others.
Hence this fostered an interest in me to research psychosocial effects of hearing
disorders, including tinnitus.
Thanks to those who would like to aid this research
briant

I replied to your survey. Always happy to help out another Aussie! :)

Hi
I am a Psychology Hons. student at the University of New England, NSW Australia, researching ways people cope with tinnitus. As part of my honours thesis I am looking for people who experience Tinnitus and who would be interested in completing an online survey. If you would like to take part in this survey please go to:- Brian's survey
While having no personal experience of deafness and related tinnitus my father had to cope with being severely hard of hearing all his life. Despite his reliance on hearing aids (which never seemed to work properly) and a couple of ear operations, his was a constant battle to relate to others.
Hence this fostered an interest in me to research psychosocial effects of hearing
disorders, including tinnitus.
Thanks to those who would like to aid this research
briant

:welcome: to Alldeaf forum!
It looks like your father is trying to fix his own hearing problem. That is sad, even the tinnitus does not goes away. It will always be there. That is something he has to live with for the rest of his life unless there is a miracle, but I doubt that would help. You never know if this will happen. :dunno:

Good luck with the research on finding help for your father and you will learn a lot about us deaf people and hard of hearing people too. So welcome aboard.

Thanks R2D2 for filling out the survey. What part of Australia are you from? I come from south of Sydney. I used to live on the Gold Coast, great in winter but too hot in summer
briant

Thanks BEBONANG for your encouragement in regard to the research. Dad's dead. Education
and support on difficulties associated with hearing impairment was somewhat limited when he was growing up so he more or less had to learn to deal with the deafness himself.
briant

I'll definitely do the survey. I actually have tinnitus right now. The tinnitus sure likes to act up when I'm not wearing my hearing aid and it drives me out of my mind. And just today I even shared a "theory" with another deaf friend of mine, and she thinks it's a good one. I'll be making a post about it in a bit. :)

me too, tinnitus drives me bonkers everyday, could barely handle it.
and and good luck for your thesis

Hi, I had tinnitus since i was young, i had worn my hearing aids but i no longer wears it because of tinnitus, it drives me nuts! I still have it from time to time but i have learned to live with it! I will be happy to reply the survey.

Back