Tinnitus is starting bother me

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I started have tinnitus today after started in afternoon and it won't gone. It is bothering me and tried to cover my ear with hand but not work at all.

I usually have tinnitus sometime in past but only lasted for minute but... today is not normal and it is still buzzing, roaring, ringing, etc over time. :ugh:

Stress could be the culprit, Foxrac ??...You've been debating a lot here at AD....maybe take a little break. Even caffine triggers mine, makes it worse. Hoping you'll feel better after awhile.

Stress could be the culprit, Foxrac ??...You've been debating a lot here at AD....maybe take a little break. Even caffine triggers mine, makes it worse. Hoping you'll feel better after awhile.

I wasn't stressed and the debate wasn't too bad.

Don't know why. :dunno:

Finally, it is all gone during evening.

I'm relieved but didn't know about what is wrong.

Mine never goes away. Luckily, mine is all music.

Edit to add - I do have at times sounds that are like ball bearings spinning in a metal pie pan.

horrible thing...my ent dr did tell me that sometimes different tinnitus sounds have different reasons,getting it more myself these days and it starting get me down aswel

Mine is always there. Constant white noise with a quieter overlay of a solid high pitched tone in my right ear. White noise with occasional high pitched LOUD tones in my left. I can usually ignore it but sometimes it keeps me from sleeping and makes me yearn for some peace and quiet.

Mine is there all the time also. It is so loud that most of the time there is no way to ignorge it. I am constantly being told that I talk to loud. Mine is like what a big air conditioner unit sounds like outside. On top of that, I started hearing heavy metal music in my right ear. Not my type of music at all. Must be remembering some of the music from when my kids were home. Oh those wonderful teen years.

I have mine all the time, too. It's quite annoying. :mad:

I'm glad that it got better, Foxrac :)

I have crazy noise on my left ear towards to the brain. It hasn't stopped for days and days. It just stay there ringing and ringing sounds. I haven't been stressed, no depression, no nothing in bad influences. Just happy, good concentration, fitness, clean food, general wellbeing is good. I had demography exam this morning and it didn't affected me. But when try to sleep it bothers me because sometimes it sounded like a fire alarm.

How to get rid of this noise? I tried all types of nutrition to get rid of it and it hasn't changed.

Well it has disappeared yesterday evening for first time in a while. Wonder what caused that? Now it just general humming sound when I take the hearing aids off.

Wouldn't a visit to your ENT doctor give you some info re"Tinnitus?

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

drphil said:
Wouldn't a visit to your ENT doctor give you some info re"Tinnitus?

Since there's nothing an ENT can do about it, I can't see the point in wasting time or money visiting an ENT for them to say "yeah, most people with HL have tinnitus at least some of the time. Try to limit caffiene & sugars, stay hydrated, get good quality sleep etc"

The only exception is medication induced tinnitus - but one would be better off talking to their pharmacist about that, not their DR.

Last edited:

Since there's nothing an ENT can do about it, I can't see the point in wasting time or money visiting an ENT for them to say "yeah, most people with HL have tinnitus at least some of the time. Try to limit caffiene & sugars, stay hydrated, get good quality sleep etc"

The only exception is medication induced tinnitus - but one would be better off talking to their pharmacist about that, not their DR.

Yup, not going waste my $40 copay for ENT visit.

sorry you better feeling, you ask doctor, can help question doctor advise know how specailist wise-like, better medication adjust probably expect Symption, reason

I already ask on my doctor!

The advice suggested came from the Canadian Hearing Society/Toronto re "tinnitus". to eliminate some categories. Apparently "masking devices" can be utilized to minimize severity. Usually ENT doctors have "knowledge" of this problem-one hopes!

Well it has disappeared yesterday evening for first time in a while. Wonder what caused that? Now it just general humming sound when I take the hearing aids off.

Same here..after wearin hearing aid all day and at bedtime, I hear a lil humming sound but goes away fast.

Today, Im not dealing tinnitus..whew. it's difficult to deal with.

A lot of times, durin the day, I take my aid off so my ear will dry up..earmold in the ear cause wax melting. After dryin up, you hear a lot more and less tinnitus.

I have had tinnitus for several years. Some days are worse then others. I have talked to my doctor and she told me that there was nothing I could for it. There are ways to "manage" it with like white noise when I sleep and such.
For the past few days I have had a splitting headache associated with my tinnitus. I have an appointment with my dr this week about that.

Glad your tinnitus got better Foxrac

The pulsing has progressed in my right ear. A year ago, it was every few nights, and a few months later it was every night, and now it's all day every day. My left ear's not far behind. It's not very loud though, so the doctor I've talked to doesn't see any reason to record it as a hearing loss yet(gee, thanks doc). So until it gets bad enough to where he's satisfied, it's just... there, I guess. Today, it's been pretty good. I was actually able to go all day without having to ask someone to repeat themselves.

kjohns92 said:
The pulsing has progressed in my right ear. A year ago, it was every few nights, and a few months later it was every night, and now it's all day every day. My left ear's not far behind. It's not very loud though, so the doctor I've talked to doesn't see any reason to record it as a hearing loss yet(gee, thanks doc). So until it gets bad enough to where he's satisfied, it's just... there, I guess. Today, it's been pretty good. I was actually able to go all day without having to ask someone to repeat themselves.

The professional you need to be consulting is an AuD. audiologist, not a family GP/PCP dr.

Standard doctors not only don't have the proper training to identify and address hearing loss and tinnitus ... They also don't have the machines / diagnostic equiptment to even perform proper testing.

Back