tinnitus HELP!!

I shall try to be brief. When I began to become HOH, there were issues that are unspoken in most medical journals. I became paralized with depression! However your friend chooses to deal with this, she will need to learn to stop counting on hearing to meet the world. This is not easy. There are times I am almost wishing I was born deaf instead of heading there as I am now. I fit in neither world, and feel like the Deaf dislike the fact I can hear, and the hearing dislike the fact I cannot hear well. I put up walls for years to avoid any unnessary contact with people because it was frustrating and embarrassing. Your friend will need you and many others to make her feel as though the world has not turned away. I had lifetime friendships end because of this, because I was not the same person after I went through the depression and hearing loss. I tried, but I was rebuked. I feel for those people that someday their Karma is coming. Be there for your friend. She will find her place wherever it is, and hopefully we can make this forum part of that. There are many people here that have gone through the same thing! Good Luck to your friend!

Aww thanks...I am there for her. In fact, we have been best friends since we were 1 year old (she is deaf like me) and have had our friendship for 34 years. I am there for her but for this condition, I was at loss for words cuz I couldnt understand what it is like to have tinnitus. I felt helpless when she asked me for advice (that was 2 years ago) ..for the first time, I felt I couldnt help her. Then I joined this forum and now seeing all these posts about tinnitus so I have been letting her know about other AD members having the same problem as she has with her tinnitus. She said that is cool and will check it out..it has been 2 months and she still hasnt but at least I am reading all of your experiences and it helps me understand her situation better and hopefully, I can give her advice or whatever.

She has never liked reading as long as I have known her and this forum requires a lot of reading so I think that is probably why but I am not gonna force her. Would be fun if she can become a member here but her decision, not mine.

Thanks for your advice. smile

Back