Tinitus sufferer

All I can offer is I have tinnitus 24/7 in both ears. Wearing my hearing aids cuts down on it while I'm occupied. Sometimes getting to sleep can be a challenge. When I'm in a quiet environment it can be all consuming. At those time I have to divert my attention to something else (like forums).

Widex 440 Super has a Zen feature that may help; and this model hearing aid and the Zen feature was created to help people with tinnitus....the CI won't change anything with regard to this annoyance. Some people find Yoga or Tai Chi helps. I feel for you, I had this one pollen season and I thought I was going to go out of my mind. Fortunately it was a one time occurrence but I can completely understand how it disrupts your life.

Laura

Widex 440 Super has a Zen feature that may help; and this model hearing aid and the Zen feature was created to help people with tinnitus....the CI won't change anything with regard to this annoyance. Some people find Yoga or Tai Chi helps. I feel for you, I had this one pollen season and I thought I was going to go out of my mind. Fortunately it was a one time occurrence but I can completely understand how it disrupts your life.

Laura
Good information. I forgot about that. The Widex digitals were recommended to a friend this year and I saw the zen bit mentioned. It's a mask (white noise). It's also a cheaper way of going rather than a CI IF they're strong enough to receive sound. But the CI does something similar in allowing sounds to come into the brain to cut down on the noise from the broken celia.

Good information. I forgot about that. The Widex digitals were recommended to a friend this year and I saw the zen bit mentioned. It's a mask (white noise). It's also a cheaper way of going rather than a CI IF they're strong enough to receive sound. But the CI does something similar in allowing sounds to come into the brain to cut down on the noise from the broken celia.

Before you drill a hole in your head, always look at other options. My hearing is not as bad as yours - I'm moderate moving to severe in my left ear and severe moving to profound in my right - I hope I never have to look at a CI because it's a major life altering adjustment and not "sound" as I would recognize it. As an FYI, I love music too and I've really benefited from the Widex 440 - can't speak to Zen program but my audiologist tells me that they've made a big difference for a number of folks. I wish you the best of luck.

What is biofeedback? As for cochlear implants, my sister found a website that says that it could cure tinnitus for single-sided deafness. My left ear has some hearing, but my right ear is pretty much useless. So I'm afraid to drop all that money on a CI, only to find out it doesn't cure the tinnitus. It's really affected my way of living. I don't socialize with anybody, especially if I'm not wearing my aid (since noise triggers the tinnitus), because I can't follow them.
No matter what anyone tells you, especially a DOCTOR, a CI is NOT a "cure" for tinnitus. In fact, you could come out in worse shape.

I've read both sides as far as to whether a CI makes tinnitus better or worse. I do not have a CI, just HAs, but one thing I've found that helps me is to put on music and of a genre that is different than I normally listen to. I think it helps to mask the tinnitus. You could put it on very low while trying to fall asleep.

I've read both sides as far as to whether a CI makes tinnitus better or worse. I do not have a CI, just HAs, but one thing I've found that helps me is to put on music and of a genre that is different than I normally listen to. I think it helps to mask the tinnitus. You could put it on very low while trying to fall asleep.

Does that mean you have to wear your hearing aid while you fall asleep? I would not want to wear my hearing aid to bed. Beside you might be wearing out the batteries too long. Just try to live with tinnitus. :roll:

I was referring to the one who has the CI and has severe tinnitus. But I suppose the same could go for anyone with a HA too, like me. Yes, I guess you'd have to wear it to bed if you wanted to fall asleep with some music. I don't wear mine to bed, but it might be a solution for others.

Back