Time Travel in Movies? (SPOILERS)

seen terminator (1st one) and butterfly effect (again the 1st one) both great films, no im not a fan of harry potter and dont recall 12 monkey, maybe i did see it but didnt 'took notice of it' or boring in one way or another (maybe wrong timing on TV, vs my mood to watch it??)
lastly id guess id need to watch the first terminator to see how it fits with the fixed timeline theory...

I saw the example from fixed timeline in The Twilight Zone. Thought that theory was amazing. It's so f**ked up that the main character was trying to save the people from Hitler but no, she can't do that.

There's a movie called The Time Machine with Guy Pearce. It's fitted to fixed timeline theory. The main character wanted to ask the love of his life to marry him so he took her to a less crowed place where the woman was shot by a thief who wanted her ring. For the last 4 years he built his own time machine and went back to the day she died. He changed the place to avoid her tragic fate. This time he went to a store to buy her flowers (that he forgot to get her the very first time) while she was waiting outside and then she once again got killed at the same time in different place in a different way. After that scene at a hospital, the main character told his best friend that no matter where the woman is, she would have died anyway and that there is nothing he could do about it.

seen terminator (1st one) and butterfly effect (again the 1st one) both great films, no im not a fan of harry potter and dont recall 12 monkey, maybe i did see it but didnt 'took notice of it' or boring in one way or another (maybe wrong timing on TV, vs my mood to watch it??)
lastly id guess id need to watch the first terminator to see how it fits with the fixed timeline theory...
Okay, remember these moments?

Kyle goes back in time to protect Sarah. Kyle tells Sarah that she will give birth to John, the hero of the future. Kyle shows Sarah a picture that John gave Kyle. The picture is of Sarah. Kyle and Sarah have sex. Kyle dies. Months later, Sarah is driving a Jeep. A boy takes a picture of Sarah and gives it to her. It's the same picture that Kyle got from John. That means, Sarah gave the picture to John when he's grown up, which John gives to Kyle during the War, which Kyle shows Sarah when he travels back in time. Kyle is also the father of John. Therefore, everything that happened in the movie was already there.

As for Butterfly Effect, I think that would be a multiverse (maybe mixed with dynamic timeline). He was able to change the past and it didn't affect himself completely.

Back