Time to STOP! Enough is Enough!

i do notice there have been growing a lot of super heros are women in those movies. :D

Except that women aren't really the weaker sex. That's a misconception that continues to spread throughout society (not blaming you though).

Think of it: Women have the power to withhold sex from men and drive us insane. That's a sign of a STRONGER sex, not a weaker sex.

actually i agree with that, but then again it MAY be a pattern kind of condoned by society to allow women to have um, 'a break' in so a way that they are 'given' a role of dominance -only in 'the chase' scenes , the foreplay, the driving up men up the wall. I can help but suspect this is almost as if this social power is permitted only because it would add the 'entertainment value' of sex for men, while the initiation seemed to be weilded by women. By that i mean is, it could well be an illusion for women , because they have to pretty up for men while society pounds down messages saying (for women by women) that Beauty is the natural hobby or quest for women, it is feminine. This is the thing gender is socially constructed not biologically 'wired' as some would believe. but yup i agree with the quote above that is does happens, but the 'whys' of it, I beg to differ.

Women is power for sex and men is power for strong. It's fact. I was speaking in reality world.

Women is power for sex and men is power for strong. It's fact. I was speaking in reality world.

In the reality world, men are dangerous to abuse women and to degrade women. It does not make it right or okay. Men think that it is okay to abuse women like that. Men should show respect and honor women because we bring baby boys into the world, not abuse. I have to agree with deafbajagal. You, men, don't understand how we have to put up with abuse and beat up like that. We, women, are not suppose to be treated like that. So come on, have a heart for us women. I understand men get abuse too, but women get them far more than men. :roll:

In the reality world, men are dangerous to abuse women and to degrade women. It does not make it right or okay. Men think that it is okay to abuse women like that. Men should show respect and honor women because we bring baby boys into the world, not abuse. I have to agree with deafbajagal. You, men, don't understand how we have to put up with abuse and beat up like that. We, women, are not suppose to be treated like that. So come on, have a heart for us women. I understand men get abuse too, but women get them far more than men. :roll:
That's why I said that because 80% percent women are weak even though they are college educated people. I am trying to understand why they can't be strong enough to leave whatever that bad situations? In my opinion, it's women fault for not getting out of abuse situation.

That's why I said that because 80% percent women are weak even though they are college educated people. I am trying to understand why they can't be strong enough to leave whatever that bad situations? In my opinion, it's women fault for not getting out of abuse situation.

no, its not the womens fault for the society's configuration being geared towards men's needs. It took a long time to pass the denial or lack of understanding that is so well embeded in 'normal' culture , that is ordinary assumption, behaviours, beliefs, what is the ideal solution, and so forth, like wife bashers used just be told 'stop drinking', and or be told to go to the preist at their local church its all was very badly handled.....this day it all has changed but theres still lot of loose ends not tied up yet, and YET movies still actually promotes this dominance so, it creates and re-creates this confusion of where and when is this type of dominance is 'ok' when it is clearly is not. (although there are films that recounts and promotes viligience (sp?) to protect women (as in a one womans story but yeah hmmm hollywood seems to do a good job to create an illusion that its a unique happensance)

but i guess you're saying the actual will power to say enough is enough, lets piss off - with the mentality to say "i will go and leave and completely remove myself from this vicious cycle" while this is an ideal solution, but sadly the victimisation of the circumstances is just so powerful, like numbing up their brain to make such a thoughts to be believible and hence they decide to do nothing. its scary yes but its true.

Well... I don't like it when a woman uses a baby as a weapon against a man. I really hate it how a woman plays his heart. Don't get me wrong, I do understand how some women are through a such situation. Unfortunately, how it turns out so poor taste... :(

No offense, really.

yeah, those type of movies bug me. i've never seen hostel, and i will never see any movie like it. i've learned to look at movies and think 'would i let a little kid watch this?' if the answer's no, i'm not watching it.

hollywood's gotten a lot worse, and it really stinks. alfred hitchcock's movies were rated R, and they don't even have nudity, or anything bad at all. it's true that hollywood's made their main focus demeaning women, and it's really irritating. they have nudity in PG-13 movies now.. you just wait until they lower the bar once more and start making little kids' movies with nudity.

i don't really appreciate horror movies anymore because they seem to objectify women the most. showing cleavage and much more, making them seem weak by making them the damsels in distress, having them be prostitutes, badmouthing them .. the list goes on. i shy away from movies with SC and nudity now.

lol, and i do NOT want to see men being demeaned either. seeing a penis on a movie is just gross [and sadly i was subjected to it once]-- why can't it be the same for breasts? honestly, they're not that great, but okay.

EDIT: also, i actually think that the movies are the reason that college guys act like that. they see it in the movie, they think it's cool, so they do it.

I think the overall of selling movies is when they portray issues that are related to sex, fear, fantasy, violence, so and on.

That is why it is based on role-playing. Sure, there are some movies that are seems to be degrading for one gender or other but that's what Hollywood does. I know in no way, that should not be an excuse for it to be glorified with the violence in the movie that is towards women. There are some that are based on towards men too.

I have seen Hostel but I haven't seen Hostel II yet. So, until now, I can't make any judgment on how to compare both movies.

The bottom line is - When it comes to role playing - They need to look into such depth before they are able to glorify it.

EDIT: also, i actually think that the movies are the reason that college guys act like that. they see it in the movie, they think it's cool, so they do it.

LOL thats too funny for words. Blame the movies. :giggle: Like it never existed ever before. :laugh2:

Leaving an abusive situation has nothing to do with "weakness" of women. Nor is it their "fault" that their partner has abused them.

ah, your wild guess was completely not accurate. and it's not women's faults, fyi.

Leaving an abusive situation has nothing to do with "weakness" of women. Nor is it their "fault" that their partner has abused them.

Right.

It's a lot harder to leave some situations. Recently, a woman left her abusive husband and hid in a safe house. He found her and killed her.

Right.

It's a lot harder to leave some situations. Recently, a woman left her abusive husband and hid in a safe house. He found her and killed her.

There are many, many reasons why women don't leave. Fear of being hunted down and killed is certainly one of them.

As far as the previous "weakness" comment....these women are incredibly strong to survive some of the horrors they are put through. It takes an incredible amount of strenght just to get up and get through the day when you never know if your spouse is going to beat the living daylights out of you when you get home.

That's right. Women who are battered are some of the strongest people you will ever know. Defmatrix, would YOU be able to handle being physically and emotionally abused for months or years? Would you like it if someone called you weak just because you couldn't or didn't want to leave? How would that make you feel?

Back