Time Machine: Did anybody ever experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

web730

Reaction score
I had a fantasy about time machines when I was a teen and sometime later in life. I thought it must be fun to visit the distant past and the future out of my curiousness. Wish I do. But ofc, it's way impossible. That was way before I learnt something bigger.

So what was it? Out of blue I read the fantastic bible prophecy books and realized that there is a true God and Jesus the Messiah after all. It was a very awesome trip, seriously.

There were a guy named John who wrote the book of Revelation (inspired by God), the last book of books in the Bible. We call him John the Revelation. There were also other few writers like Zachariah, Elijah, and Daniel.

John the Revelation in fact tripped in time to witness the future events and wrote about them. How did he do that? Angels of God brought him to witness and write what God commanded him to in order to teach and warn us humans of what major events shall happen in time due in the far future of their time.

With several verses in the Bible we surely can identify with what it can prove you these can be only described and understood by this generation only. I can give you a few verses (verse per post) and think aloud what you know of in this world and time only. It's too obvious that it can amaze you, nonbelievers and believers alike. Use several excerpts only as samples ok.
-------------------------------------------

"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."
(Zechariah 14:12) (KJV)

This verse spoke of an event that shall happen in the Tribulation Period when Armageddon* starts. At that time the Antichrist cause the world turning against Israel. Keep in mind that Israel is God’s covenant nation so He protects it from its enemies.

*(Armageddon = world war that dwarfs WWII, FYI!)

Read the verse Zechariah 14:12 once again, slowly.

Notice something so familiar in our time?

Yep! There is. We do have nuclear weapon that is only the most obvious thing that CAN do that as described here in that verse.

When the nuclear bomb or missile hits the land … it first fervently heat that melts your flesh, tongue, and eyes so suddenly before the second your body would fall onto the ground.

At the point when your body falls, that’s when the nuclear weapon bombs and blows away like in the movies or shows you must have seen before. Best part of all would be the movie “Terminator 2” in its beginning part where the nuclear bomb exploded in L.A. and hit the mother by the fence where the playground was at. Perfect one yet real scary. Watch this “Terminator 2” movie part again and read the verse again … gotcha!

It’s just exact the nuclear weapon can do that, wow!! There is no such thing in the world other than these of nuclear weapons having this unique capability. Wait ... how can Zechariah know this in many centuries before our time with very good detail (description). So incredible! It takes only God to do that in order for Zechariah’s prophecy to fulfill. A time machine event-like, indeed.

web730 said:
I had a fantasy about time machines when I was a teen and sometime later in life. I thought it must be fun to visit the distant past and the future out of my curiousness. Wish I do. But ofc, it's way impossible.
You may not realize this, but we are all already time-travelling when we look up in the night sky. :) Care to guess what it could be?

As for the religious aspect you discussed earlier, I do not know much, if anything, about the verse in question, so I'm not going to discuss it.

Eyeth said:
You may not realize this, but we are all already time-travelling when we look up in the night sky. :) Care to guess what it could be?

As for the religious aspect you discussed earlier, I do not know much, if anything, about the verse in question, so I'm not going to discuss it.

True at that what you said like we walk in time as the time clicks and clicks. In sense we do "time-travel" but not what I really meant by that in the thread here.

Actually, it talks about the near future and distant past. Maybe you should know what I meant already?

Eyeth means that when we look at stars, we see the stars in the past, not in the present.

Light only goes 186,000 MPS (miles per second). So when an object is 1,860,000 miles away, it takes ten seconds before the light reaches us. That means we see the star as it was ten seconds ago, not as it is now.

For example, it takes almost 9 minutes for light to travel from the Sun, so when you look at the sun, you're seeing the sun as it was nine minutes ago.

Most stars are VERY far away, so we see them as they were many, many years ago.

Nifty, eh?

web730 said:
True at that what you said like we walk in time as the time clicks and clicks. In sense we do "time-travel" but not what I really meant by that in the thread here.
Well, you're off the mark. The activity of gazing into the starry night sky is what I would call 'indirect' time-travelling, and it's not because of the time expended in doing so.

EDIT: Endymion got it correctly! I didn't think anyone would jump at this thread so quickly with a correct answer. :)

Here's another one. Did you know that if you get in a plane and fly around the world, you will have gone through time slightly? It's so small we can barely detect it.

Or another one -- more massive objects bend space and time more. So your car is going at a different pace through time than you are!

Endymion said:
Here's another one. Did you know that if you get in a plane and fly around the world, you will have gone through time slightly? It's so small we can barely detect it.
So Jules Verne should have called his novel, Around The World in 80 Days, 8 Minutes, and 8 Seconds? :)

Or another one -- more massive objects bend space and time more. So your car is going at a different pace through time than you are!
Tell me about it! The car promptly dies at precisely one minute after the warranty expires! :)

Sorry to hijack this thread a little bit with some whimsy. I have always found time travel fascinating and know that 'indirect' means were already available.

Endymion said:
Eyeth means that when we look at stars, we see the stars in the past, not in the present.

Light only goes 186,000 MPS (miles per second). So when an object is 1,860,000 miles away, it takes ten seconds before the light reaches us. That means we see the star as it was ten seconds ago, not as it is now.

For example, it takes almost 9 minutes for light to travel from the Sun, so when you look at the sun, you're seeing the sun as it was nine minutes ago.

Most stars are VERY far away, so we see them as they were many, many years ago.

Nifty, eh?

hmm, interesting! Sorry that I may misunderstood what Eyeth really meant what she said, tks.

By the way, please don't over-hijack this thread topic lol.

That's all well and good but methinks we have all we can handle in the here and now! :mrgreen:

web730 said:
"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."
(Zechariah 14:12) (KJV)
Scripture is always open for interpretation. Even highly educated theologicians will look at the same particular verse and come to divergent conclusions.

Moreover, this is about prophecy, not 'time-travelling' as we understand the term to mean. Yes, the quoted Scripture is plausible as it could refer to a Nuclear holocaust. But, it could refer to something else. A lot of things can devastate the human race along those lines. For example, divine intervention via means of a huge meteorite striking the earth could produce this effect.

How about this discussion for starters? Warning: Sci-Fi stuff ahead! :)

Light reflects off surfaces and gives it color. This is how we can see the environment around us, as light from the sun and other sources strikes various substances and reflects directly into our eyeballs. More amazingly, satellites 80-100 miles up in the air, supposedly could image a photo of a fly sitting on a camel's rear with stunning clarity, if certain publications are to be believed. :)

Yet, this light continues on, theoretically, for millions of miles. I'm sure, at some point, natural decay in the light signal settles in and clarity and meaning would be all but lost. Bear with me for a minute, and ignore the laws of physics;

What if man could devise a machine that goes faster than the speed of light? What if man could use it to outrace this light signal and position itself to receive it millions of miles later? In theory, man could peer into the past by decoding the light signal into something we can perceive, perhaps with some loss of clarity. Mysteries in our past could finally be laid bare for all to know! (Personally, I just want to know how the dang Egyptian pyramids were built!)

If the following is true, does it mean that breaking the light speed barrier is also breaking the time barrier? :) Try to wrap your mind around that one.

Just wondering how would you define a "deja vu" moment?

Cuz when you see something that you feel like asking yourself "hey have I done this before? Why does it look so awfully familiar?"

Could you say that in a sense by mind you've done some time traveling into the future that God permit you to see a part of?

1purple_panda said:

Cuz when you see something that you feel like asking yourself "hey have I done this before? Why does it look so awfully familiar?"

Could you say that in a sense by mind you've done some time traveling into the future that God permit you to see a part of?

Oh yeah, alot of time... click here and find out what I mean: deja vu all over again!

1purple_panda said:

There are two types of dej vu.
The first is déjà visité ("already visited") for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before.

The second is déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through"). you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

I think dej va has more to do with the past then the future. Visions/dreams in the Bible are about the future.

Yes, I've experienced Time Machine
but it was only in a very good movie
"Somewhere in Time"
acted by Chris Reeves.
I enjoyed that movie and their concept
about going backwards and then
going future.

What if man could devise a machine that goes faster than the speed of light? What if man could use it to outrace this light signal and position itself to receive it millions of miles later? In theory, man could peer into the past by decoding the light signal into something we can perceive, perhaps with some loss of clarity. Mysteries in our past could finally be laid bare for all to know! (Personally, I just want to know how the dang Egyptian pyramids were built!)

I think traveling faster the light would not take you to the past. It would only work to go into the future so to speak.
I think the Twin Paradox helps to explain it.
Two identical twins, one of whom goes off on a voyage close to the speed of light, and the other one stays home. When the space-traveling twin returns home, he or she has aged only a little, while the twin who has remained at home has aged at the regular pace. So we have two identical twins who may be decades apart in age. Or maybe the traveling twin returns in the far future, if you go close enough to the speed of light, and everybody he knows, everybody he ever heard of has died, and it's a very different civilization
If the space-traveling twin try to go back, but will only go further into the future. It's a one way trip.

Now if we could go back in time. We have to be carefull.
The Grandfather Paradox is you go back in time before your grandfather sired your mother or father. You murder your grandfather. What happens to you now? Do you vanish,because you was never born?
Or are you stuck there,and if you go back to your own time. Will everbody you use to know still know you?
The heart of the Paradox is You , murdering your own grandfather eliminates the possibility of you ever coming into existence.

Hey posters, this is biblical topic, not science or physic topic for the sake. Please stick with the topic here .. no futher offpointing.

I do understand what you guys want to say such things like time machine or time travel. I actually talk about the biblical prophets (few of them) that may have time-travelled. So I post the biblical prophecy to give you samples what they meant.

By the way, Isn't Zechariah 14:2 so intriguing?

smspell said:
There are two types of dej vu.
The first is déjà visité ("already visited") for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before.

The second is déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through"). you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

I think dej va has more to do with the past then the future. Visions/dreams in the Bible are about the future.

Yea.. but often times I know I would have dreams about something in future then almost forget them immediately by the time I wake up. . Then until it happens, I'm almost little bit confused going through the scene twice then I start to realize I had a dream about it couple weeks ago or even way past more than I can remember. .

So I'd tell myself "gee. . what a deja vu moment!" or even question someone around me just to verify I wasnt going this twice. . I dont care about the weird faces they give me. . Sometimes they even get bit interested wondering how did I suddenly dream it up before it happens. .

Eyeth said:
How about this discussion for starters? Warning: Sci-Fi stuff ahead! :)

Light reflects off surfaces and gives it color. This is how we can see the environment around us, as light from the sun and other sources strikes various substances and reflects directly into our eyeballs. More amazingly, satellites 80-100 miles up in the air, supposedly could image a photo of a fly sitting on a camel's rear with stunning clarity, if certain publications are to be believed. :)

Yet, this light continues on, theoretically, for millions of miles. I'm sure, at some point, natural decay in the light signal settles in and clarity and meaning would be all but lost. Bear with me for a minute, and ignore the laws of physics;

If the following is true, does it mean that breaking the light speed barrier is also breaking the time barrier? :) Try to wrap your mind around that one.

I've wondered the same thing! One thing, though, is I imagine there's quite some challenge in actually reaching the speed of light.

See, what happens is as you start to approach the speed of light, the laws of physics start to really change from what we're used to.

Long story short, the speed of light is always constant relative to you, no matter how fast you're going. So, for example, if you're standing and moving nowhere, and you shine a flashlight, the light from the bulb shoots away from you at 186,000 miles per second. Or, essentially, after one second, the light is 186,000 miles away from you.

Now let's say you get on a fast spaceship. You go at half the speed of light. Common sense would tell us that one second after you turn on the flashlight, light is now 93,000 miles away (186,000 divided by 2 -> because you're going 1/2 the speed of light and so light would be going 1/2 as fast away from you).

But that doesn't happen. In fact, the light you sent off is still 186,000 miles away from you after one second.
---

As an interesting addendum, some things do happen when you get electrons t o beat the speed of light in water. Check this link on the Cherenkov Effect. Pretty glow, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back