Tie sales to donations?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
One business may donate 10% of every sale to a non profit organization. Other business may donate $15 of every $100 earned to non profit organizations.

I don't know if I would like that if I ran a business. What if I went a full week without selling a bike? Do I tell those groups, sorry, I did not sell any bikes so therefore you aren't going to get any donations!!!

I think the best thing is to say I would donate a said amount of money to an organization. Make no mention of sales.

Because it is good to help non profit groups. Also, it looks good for business in general when donations are made.

It's basically a marketing ploy to make people feel good about their purchases. I highly doubt 10-15% is actually going to some good cause. It's more reasonable that 1-2% (of the supposed 15%) actually makes it to where it is supposed to go. And, you can be sure the companies are not giving away profit, it's more likely a higher price.

It's basically a marketing ploy to make people feel good about their purchases. I highly doubt 10-15% is actually going to some good cause. It's more reasonable that 1-2% (of the supposed 15%) actually makes it to where it is supposed to go. And, you can be sure the companies are not giving away profit, it's more likely a higher price.

marketing ploy?

no it's a tax write-off.

Back