Those who work post a pic

I understand what you are saying, I'm speaking in term of generalization. Yes, posting this is a bad timing but there are other link here talking about "What is your profession?" under "Job Offers or Requests", nothing in there get pissed off for those who have a job.
For the people who lost their jobs get angered toward for the people who have a jobs. I know this is difficult. We (which I mean, African American, Spanish, Deaf, Wheel chair bound and so on) have no control in this kind of economy. So, let put it this way... Why do you get angry at us who have a job? We are innocent, we didn't expect this to happen. It's the people out there who buy products effect the economy (you know, housing market, if no one is buying the house, it will effect the builder contractors and loose it's business), people who work in a bad managements effect the economy..(you know the Sallie Mae thing and such). So, we have no control.
Here's a good example, If you are driving a car and you got into an accident. Your car is completely totalled. You can't afford to buy another car, do you get angry for the people who drive a car? You have no control to save your car. You know this is an unexpected events, you didn't expect that you going to have an accident in the next seconds. Same thing with this economy.
So, today is a difficult time for all of us.

Yeah, the English language can be tricky if you move two words inside the same sentence, can throw people off.

Yes of course, so this is the whole point, twisting the words around, is that intentional or unintentional? If you are looking at a person with low function deaf person, what is your reaction?

I write all of my sentences the same way, have been doing it for years.

This web site is the first I've encountered where some (not all) people may have difficulty comprehending what I say. I do NOT intentionally twist words around to confuse anyone. If I get the impression someone is misunderstanding my words, I will change my wording to make it easier for them to understand.

Yes, it can be frustrating when I have to explain myself, however, it is equally frustrating for those that have trouble understanding me.

Those of us with "advanced" reading & writing skills have to be mindful of the deaf community, as many never had the opportunity to excel in the written English language.

I write all of my sentences the same way, have been doing it for years.

This web site is the first I've encountered where some (not all) people may have difficulty comprehending what I say. I do NOT intentionally twist words around to confuse anyone. If I get the impression someone is misunderstanding my words, I will change my wording to make it easier for them to understand.

Yes, it can be frustrating when I have to explain myself, however, it is equally frustrating for those that have trouble understanding me.

Those of us with "advanced" reading & writing skills have to be mindful of the deaf community, as many never had the opportunity to excel in the written English language.

Yes, it is frustrating. The reason I'm writing this is to allowed for them to give a different perspective to think about it. Once they see those perpectives, they will be more cautious how to say things.
With your quote above, "Those of us with "advanced" reading & writing skills have to be mindful of the deaf community, as many never had the opportunity to excel in the written English language", this is what I mean about "Disparity of intelligents". We all can learn each other and learn among about ourself. So, we are in a good deaf community and why we are attacking each other.

green427 failed PC 101 so we must forgive him for his hillbilly leanings

I cannot take any picture in my office for a security reason. :(

all these cubicle/computer-related pic's remind me of my husband's office - both at home and at work:lol:
for me it'd be a dog scene, like Bott's <:thumb: Botti> but don't happen to have any.

I have many "offices." Here's one of them...
p7270011.jpg

p72700100.jpg

kokonut, that is just gorgeous:D everybody should be so lucky-is that in WA state?

Here's another one.

p6300001.jpg

Making my rounds on my way through with a view of Mt. Rainier.

Cant take a pic of my classroom and my students due to confidentiality reasons.

I am in the govenment area - confidentaility reasons but this'll do

DEEWR_Stacked.gif

Back