Those who work post a pic

oh I have that 2 widescreen Dell monitors. just got it a few weeks ago. 21"?

Yes, it's 21" dual monitor. It's our office standard to have dual monitors. There are 2 CPUs and one laptop. The VP TV that sit on top of the slimline cpu which is for Linux and other two are Windows 7. So that TV use as dual purpose, one for VP and one for Linux.

Yes, it's 21" dual monitor. It's our office standard to have dual monitors. There are 2 CPUs and one laptop. The VP TV that sit on top of the slimline cpu which is for Linux and other two are Windows 7. So that TV use as dual purpose, one for VP and one for Linux.

nice. what do you do?

There's one employee have 5 monitors... he's nuts.. he is an Sr. Electrical Engineer. See pix below, one monitor on the right, I turned off due to security reason, the rest I just blotch it out.

Attachments

• 5monitors1.jpg
    5monitors1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 28
nice. what do you do?

I'm MIS, manager of information system. I'm in charge of all the IT network in this office. We have about 5 offices in various location. So I'm in one bulding with about 90 empolyee. The company name KEYW Corporation (KEYWCorp.com).

The guy that have 5 monitors, did you noticed something funny in this pix above?

Let's change the title of this thread to "Post pictures of you at work" instead of "Those who work, post pics". Would seem less offensive, right?

I wasn't offended...I just cannot take pics of any kind at my workplace due to client confidentiality. But, yeah, that phrasing would be less offensive.

74326_10150332332680717_659865716_15907924_4366666_n.jpg

:) can't take pictures while working so my name tag will have to do. Cools pics :D and LOL@Jiro sleeping.

Let's change the title of this thread to "Post pictures of you at work" instead of "Those who work, post pics". Would seem less offensive, right?

i was jobless last year. it happens to all of us. deaf and hearing. if you dont understand that you are an idiot.

i was jobless last year. it happens to all of us. deaf and hearing. if you dont understand that you are an idiot.

You are making a mistake. You don't understand how many deaf unemployed unwillingly. Who would love to have a job but can't get one.

Huh? That is why I suggested changing the title!! I think you misunderstood what I said.

I can understand some of you feel offensive in term of languages. In reality, in this deaf community, we all know that deaf people misrepresent of what he or she saying. Many of them are not aware if this is approporate to say or not. Remember, we have very wide disparity of intelligents. With the words he or she use is not intentional. So, I can feel that if you feel offensive, and you have a right to let him or her know that this is inapproporate but remember you don't have to jump in and get all pissed off at low function deaf person? You know what I mean? He/she is trying to do the best of what he/she trying to say. If you feel uncomfortable, you can kindly let him/her know that it is inapproporate and I'm sure he or she will be happy that he or she will not do this again.

sneaker, im a guy. if i was on a spanish website and said "if you work, post a pic" no one would get offended. some ppl twisted what i said thinking that i was implying that many deaf people dont work. that is not true. in reality, what i was trying to say was "if you work, if you happen to work whether you are deaf, hearing, black, white or purple then post a pic.".
the fact is that the economy is bad and many people dont have jobs because of that reason, like me (last year).
people can try to put words in my mouth but this title was not meant to be taken that way. if you want to be treated equal then be happy i am hear because the bad economy
effected us all equally and hence the title "for those of you who work".
anyways, chill out.

sneaker, im a guy. if i was on a spanish website and said "if you work, post a pic" no one would get offended. some ppl twisted what i said thinking that i was implying that many deaf people dont work. that is not true. in reality, what i was trying to say was "if you work, if you happen to work whether you are deaf, hearing, black, white or purple then post a pic.".
the fact is that the economy is bad and many people dont have jobs because of that reason, like me (last year).
people can try to put words in my mouth but this title was not meant to be taken that way. if you want to be treated equal then be happy i am hear because the bad economy
effected us all equally and hence the title "for those of you who work".
anyways, chill out.

Understood. Yeah, the English language can be tricky if you move two words inside the same sentence, can throw people off. I think we all understand what you meant to say. :cheers:

p.s. The economy is Jiro's fault.

Back