Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No they are not the same at all. People do get them confused. SSI less and more rules about living situations. SSDI not affected by lviving with others etc.
but SSI just enough to scrape by. Usually you are broke the last week. And hopefully have your foods put away. Some don't have management and spend it in one day. Or are in debt and pay there tab on payday and broke again.
They have conservators for mental people who can't manage thier money...but they actually take a small cut I think.

Well- call me old school or whatever- but it seems I am guiltly saying SSI when I mean SSDI. It seems to be that we use these terms loosely and interchangebly:aw:

however many dont realize to get SSD, you need to have worked into the system for 10 years or more. Otherwise you will need to go on SSI.

however many dont realize to get SSD, you need to have worked into the system for 10 years or more. Otherwise you will need to go on SSI.

It's either SSDI or Retirement. it depends on factor of people ages and how long have they work.

I did? Where? My income is between me and the IRS. It's nobody's business.

post #46 =D

BTW: Pretty much all of the government information is publicized, including the IRS records. Your IRS information is available to the public, so it's not "nobody's business" as you put it. Think about that for a bit :)

post #46 =D

BTW: Pretty much all of the government information is publicized, including the IRS records. Your IRS information is available to the public, so it's not "nobody's business" as you put it. Think about that for a bit :)
Hey, it's my opinion that it's nobody's business. I wouldn't make it easy for people to know what my income is by posting it on a BBS.

Hey, it's my opinion that it's nobody's business. I wouldn't make it easy for people to know what my income is by posting it on a BBS.

But you just did. However that is not the point.

I couldn't care less who's income is what. I have friends from the dirt poor to multi-multi millionaires.

I'm surprised that SSDI or whatever it's called; rules seems to vary from state to state.

I would have thought if the SSDI, SSI and others are paid by Federal govt then the rules should be the same all over the country.

I understand the income will vary based on state's cost of living.

I'm surprised that SSDI or whatever it's called; rules seems to vary from state to state.

I would have thought if the SSDI, SSI and others are paid by Federal govt then the rules should be the same all over the country.

I understand the income will vary based on state's cost of living.

It is the same all across the nation, however the state can add to it from their funds. California is a good example of this.

Is "deafness" a disability?

Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Q&A

"What is the difference between Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
The medical requirements for disability payments are the same under both Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs, and the same process is used for both programs to determine your client's disability.

Supplemental Security Income is a program run by Social Security that pays monthly benefits to the elderly, the blind and people who have disabilities and very low income. If your client is receiving SSI, he/she will also most likely qualify for food stamps and Medicaid, too. While non-medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is based on prior work under Social Security, SSI disability payments are based on income and resource specifications."

The federal wouldn't know what the State's condition and what they need. Some states can be very cold and have to pay a lot of heating bill.It all depends on the cost of living in each states.

Speaking of that, is it true this is has no inflation rate? I've heard that they decided not to raise SSDI because of no rise of cost of living. People got letters in my state saying that.

The federal wouldn't know what the State's condition and what they need. Some states can be very cold and have to pay a lot of heating bill.It all depends on the cost of living in each states.

Speaking of that, is it true this is has no inflation rate? I've heard that they decided not to raise SSDI because of no rise of cost of living. People got letters in my state saying that.

No Cost of Living adjustments. Our COLA went down for 2009, so benefits stays the same.

2010 Social Security Changes: Press Office

Back