This sucks

cowboy20

Reaction score
No One ever talks on this site just a lot of crap. I have tried this site more than once. Still the same old junk. Guess I just don't click with anyone.

I don't think you introduced yourself. I don't know if many people on this forum know you.

Perhaps you should use more than one sentence in your posts.

What are you trying to get from the site? If you want more social interaction, perhaps a deaf group on facebook would be a better option?

You tried to friend me and I rejected the request. Maybe an explanation would be helpful?

We'd never interacted on the boards, and I didn't remember seeing anything you'd written, so I went to see what kind of things you'd posted. Most posts were just a few words, without much for me to get a sense about you. Like maybe you'd say "Hi [name]" in someone's introduction thread, and that's it. In all honesty, I wasn't sure if you were for real or just spam.

At any rate, I want to have an idea of whether I'll get along with a person before I friend them.

So I think Derek's idea of introducing yourself is a good one. Either that, or read posts for a while to get a sense of the place, then start joining in conversations so that people start to learn who you are that way.

Maybe say why you're here. Are you Deaf or HH? Or a hearing person who's trying to learn ASL? If you're looking for someone to practice with, maybe try to give a sense of where you're at in your signing? If you're just looking to make friends, maybe just give a sense of yourself, like tell about some experience you had that relates to the kinds of things that people talk about here, or talk about your background. (Again, starting out, probably your background as it relates to things that brought you to AllDeaf? Just a thought.)

Anyway, after you do some of this, people can decide if they feel like the person you present is a good match for them, if they want to be friends or whatever.

I mean, you can pick people out that you think you'd like to be friends with and approach them, but you should probably tell them why you picked them: "I really liked your post about ----- because you said ----- and that that makes sense to me because -----." If you just write people cold with no detail, you're not giving them anything to respond to, not giving them a way to know if they're interested in getting to know you.

Good luck:0

(and welcome to AllDeaf.)

Last edited:
No One ever talks on this site just a lot of crap. I have tried this site more than once. Still the same old junk. Guess I just don't click with anyone.

The way your talking sounds like you are demanding and craving for an attention.
I am under the impression that you are looking for something more than just a friend or get to know each of members. :dunno2:

Sounds like you really dont enjoy this site anyways. No one talks, same junk? I havent been on this site too long and I find everyone very humble and lots of interesting subjects... funny nothing interests you other than praying on members and upset they dont respond to you... What have you contributed to the site other than a few negative short sentences if that?

I'm very selective about who I friend. A lot of times when people try to friend me without making any contact or any forum interaction so I reject the request outright.

Sometimes if I see the person has posted a lot I will read over their post to make a decision about it.

I can't understand the whole facebook 2k friend thing. All it means is you have maybe 1950 or more acquaintances.

Chatting is a two-way street. Without input it's very hard to make a conversation with someone.

Cowboy, instead of creating threads about chatting, why not introduce yourself, then join in some existing threads that are topics of interest to you?

Looks like he will be a lonesome cowboy with only his banjo and horse for company

Cowboy 20 Interesting your observation of the same old crap-here. What is "crap in AllDeaf.com"- discussion re Cochlear Implants? Cultural Deaf? Voice off Deaf? Social interaction-restricted to the Deaf? Using Hearing aids?

Your thoughts on this matters might be "interesting to kickstart some discussion-as you see such matters"-Correct?

What is "stopping you"??

No doubt your 11 comments since joining in December/ 11 indicates the amount of interest you in actuality exhibited. Why remain?

Hey cowboy try Googling up The Art of Conversation ... Many good pointers in starting a conversation or engaging in someone else's post. Like anything else more u practice u shall connect with someone.

Hey cowboy try Googling up The Art of Conversation ... Many good pointers in starting a conversation or engaging in someone else's post. Like anything else more u practice u shall connect with someone.

Is rule #1: "Don't walk in somewhere for the first time and say: 'man, you guys just talk a bunch of crap!'"?

Reminds me of an old saying:
Gonna slap the *crap outta you, then slap you for *crapping !

Would his response to various observations be start to "conversation"?

Would his response to various observations be start to "conversation"?

Upon observing that they surgically connected his retina to his anal spincher, hes got a *crappy outlook on everything.

J/K , just rubbing it in...lol

There's how many threads in how many subforums? but on one "talks"? I don't get it.

There's how many threads in how many subforums? but on one "talks"? I don't get it.

Yeah, they type alot, but they never talk. What's with that?

(And if they're not typing, they're using ASL, some of them SEE...)

sigh.

Back