Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
screenshoots:

Attachments

• aol communcator  demo 5 700x.jpg
    aol communcator demo 5 700x.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 95
AOL 9.0 is out? That snapshot looks a lot like AOL 8.0 Plus. If there is such, please direct me to the site.

Oh, don’t bother downloading AOL Communicator, a lot of bugs. You are better off with Outlook and other clients for now.

I have tried AOL 8.0 Plus with a different DSL provider - I have to say it is a lot faster than DSL on AOL 8.0 and previous versions.

Yeah. Ted Turner has not been very pleased with how the merger of Time Warner and AOL turned out to be. He can be very blunt and is not afraid to say anything what is on his mind. Mr. Turner is credited for forcing AOL founder, Steve Case to resign as a chairman of AOL-Time Warner. Mr. Turner has more stocks than anyone, though he no longer co-chair AOL-Time Warner, he remains a major role-player and is on the board.

Now I am hungry for bison burgers at Ted's Montana Grill. Ted's Montana Grill was co-founded by Ted Turner.

Originally posted by Brian
AOL 9.0 is out? That snapshot looks a lot like AOL 8.0 Plus. If there is such, please direct me to the site.

Oh, don’t bother downloading AOL Communicator, a lot of bugs. You are better off with Outlook and other clients for now.

I have tried AOL 8.0 Plus with a different DSL provider - I have to say it is a lot faster than DSL on AOL 8.0 and previous versions.

Yeah. Ted Turner has not been very pleased with how the merger of Time Warner and AOL turned out to be. He can be very blunt and is not afraid to say anything what is on his mind. Mr. Turner is credited for forcing AOL founder, Steve Case to resign as a chairman of AOL-Time Warner. Mr. Turner has more stocks than anyone, though he no longer co-chair AOL-Time Warner, he remains a major role-player and is on the board.

Now I am hungry for bison burgers at Ted's Montana Grill. Ted's Montana Grill was co-founded by Ted Turner.
Brian, Ha that is far out about tuner's owned resturant... i should not have problem with AOL Communicator Mail. I dobn't have any BUGS in it.. it is fine since i was loaded it from that site.. :D anyway you are right that it is actually came from AOL 8.0 plus AkA AOL 9.0

Originally posted by Lasza
Some lame business will buy America Online anytime.
Change name to World Online WOL!. But agian will be out of business anyway. Star Trek or UFO will come to buy that lame ISP.
Change name to Universal Online UOL!!!

Whoa!! I was thinking "Walmart America Online" before I saw this post. Creeped me out already!! :ugh:

I don't really care much for AOL. My parents recently switched from AOL to Comcast. Now, they're happier.

Heh, 9.0??
AOL is a piece of CRAP! It always keep me disconnected when I want to use the internet or play GAMES! My dad and myself decided to CANCEL aol and use a different internet access. Its better than AOL. :-P

AOL has released its 9.0 BETA some weeks ago, but the official 9.0 will be released sometimes soon - probably before October. It looks a lot better than 8.0.

I have tried just about 5 or 6 different versions of AOL -- overall, I still think AOL sucks. Although I had my first taste of the Internet via AOL 3.1 I think. Can't remember which version it was, but it was bloody SLOW cos my sister's new computer (at the time in 1991) was not that fast and the connectivity speed was 14.4kbps.

Recently, I downloaded AOL 8.0 because my mother was coming out to Australia and she uses AOL for emails and the sorts, so I got to check it out...it's so-so. Better graphics and appearances, yes, but STILL, I *hate* AOL, period. ;)

When would you guys ever figure out that newer AOL versions always come out with extra junks and ads?

I realized that AOL 5.0 will not work by check your email unless you have, at least 6.0 to check your email. :roll:

I read news from cnet that tell us that AOL 9.0 will not work on high-speed yet.

I've been doing the AOL Beta for 9.0 for a few months now and I must say that it is better than 8.0 for those with high speed internets. The last beta version I had was pretty buggy, but the newest version out is okay. Late September/early November release for it.

I'm paying $9.95 a month for AOL since I'm using another high speed internet. So anyone paying $23.95 for Aol and has cable/dsl or better, call them up and tell them to change you to the " Bring your own high speed plan " thing. I found out after like a year that I could do that, lol.

Pay Attention!!!

To all AOL users,
if anyone you use 9.0 and I suggest u all don't use 9.0! because i have several friends who use 9.0 and it will be freeze all the time so u can use 8.0 or 8.0 plus either.

Thank you!

am using 9.0 now and sure enuff small plms NOT soo big, just the way AOL tend to load the log in screen too fast and im trying to make it STOP loading cuz i don't want to sign on fast if im doing something else on my puter like defragging and other thing like that make me GRRR!

It would be interesting to see what version of AOL they come out with next. AOL 10.0 ? or AOL 1.0.0.0 or whatsoever. To me, AOL 10 seems... a bit weird in the name itself.

Personally, I don't use AOL because I find that my cable modem at home was a lot better to use, (until they came out with AOL Broadband) and nevertheless, I still use my cable modem. However, up at RIT, they have fiberoptic lines, with Internet2 technology so needless to say, I was very happy with the speed I got. Go go 10MB per sec. I think it's possible to get 100 MB per sec with a 100/10 NIC card, but I only have 10/1, heh.

Anyway, a friend showed me AOL 9.0, and I think it kinda looks like the previous AOL software. The GUI has not changed much since AOL 5, just a couple new features and etc. If AOL users are happy with it, good for them.

Er, Graphical User Interface. Sorry, heh.

A interface for a computer is something the user interacts with. It can be text-based interface ( i.e. Unix ) or GUI (Windoze style). The AOL GUI has those graphical menus and pop-up features/news and buddylist.

thanks razorking much apperticated! now i learned something new Much apperticated for ur lesson! :)

Back