This is irritating....

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night I downloaded the Purple IP-Relay app for my iphone. Today, I went to set up to try it out with a family member today. I get to the registration and it keep saying that my mailing address could not be found? This is strange. I tried various ways of putting my address in, I even put in our mailing address from before we had 911 addresses here thinking they must have an outdated database. Still could not be found. I got frustrated and gave up.

I thought Sorenson would have an app for this since they had IP relay and now they are VRS. Nothing, nada, zilch. All they have in the iTunes store are SVRS apps. These are useless to me as I am not fluent in ASL.

I tried googling other various IP relay services online, none of them have an IP relay app for the iPhone. =(

I really don't like AIM either. It gave my laptop fits until I uninstalled it. I will never run AIM again on any device I have again or in the future.

I really wish Sorenson or AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, someone will have an IP relay app for the iPhone soon. Does anyone know if any relay services are currently developing an app as I have described, other than Purple?

Thanks.

Last night I downloaded the Purple IP-Relay app for my iphone. Today, I went to set up to try it out with a family member today. I get to the registration and it keep saying that my mailing address could not be found? This is strange. I tried various ways of putting my address in, I even put in our mailing address from before we had 911 addresses here thinking they must have an outdated database. Still could not be found. I got frustrated and gave up.

I thought Sorenson would have an app for this since they had IP relay and now they are VRS. Nothing, nada, zilch. All they have in the iTunes store are SVRS apps. These are useless to me as I am not fluent in ASL.

I tried googling other various IP relay services online, none of them have an IP relay app for the iPhone. =(

I really don't like AIM either. It gave my laptop fits until I uninstalled it. I will never run AIM again on any device I have again or in the future.

I really wish Sorenson or AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, someone will have an IP relay app for the iPhone soon. Does anyone know if any relay services are currently developing an app as I have described, other than Purple?

Thanks.
They're are being phased out - sorry to say.. Not enough volume. Even if you get one now, it wont be for long.

the only one that has one is purple... but as PFH said they are being phased out...

Thanks.

What the others said is true, the IP relay apps are being phased out with more focus on VRS apps seems the only option is to use AIM even if you don't like it and add SIPRelay to your AIM buddy list which I use as a backup.

Dixie, the Purple apps are not being phased out. In fact, we just introduced a new app back in April, the first IP-Relay app for Android which includes inbound calling. The apps are important to our customers, so our intent is to continue updating them over time.

Sorry you've had issues getting the registration set up. Best route is to send an email to support@ip-relay.com, and we'll figure out if there's an issue with the database or something else. Should be able to get you going pretty quickly.

Hmm, I'll look into it, hopefully something can be worked out. It's obvious you want to keep customers if you came to a forum to answer my question.

I have it on my android and a purple mail ap too. Love it. Try setting up online with the relay, then download to your phone. I dont know if it will help. I have used both relay and p3 for a while. So happy to find those aps for my phone. They really do work very well. Even if I miss a vp (P3) call, I can still see my purple mail on the phone. I have no vp at work, so I dont miss anything now.
Good luck!

Dixie
Is you iPhone from ATT or Verizon? How well which app works could depend on your cell service provider.

Dixie
Is you iPhone from ATT or Verizon? How well which app works could depend on your cell service provider.

My iPhone is through Verizon Wireless. If it wouldn't work on a CDMA network, the iTunes should have detected this when it synced to my phone as it would have noticed the difference between the GSM and CDMA technologies.

Back