This guy is crazy

Right, it just makes me so nervous everytime he does one of those walks. I just don't want to hear another Wallenda has fallen to their death! :eek:

oic. good luck.

I won't be watching. It's ridiculous. One error in judgement in taking a a step can cost his life.

Family tradition....I find it amazing...and at times heart-stopping....but neverless....elated when they make it.....It's entertainment. As for myself, No, I would never attempt to do this....:giggle:

TCS saw him walk in person last fall. TCS was very impressed.

The Wallendas have been doing this for like 200 years....a big, traditional family thing.....

:( there are people dying in hospital beds who wish for nothing more than to have the energy to walk on the ground...this guy (who has his health) is risking it all, for what now??

Hey, you all. That's taking place tonight. I intend to be there. I know the location, so not a problem to get there.

will it be on ccn or fox? Want to see this guy do it..What time he doing it is it East American time.
Red Bull on internet often shows stuff like this but not seen it mentioned

will it be on ccn or fox? Want to see this guy do it..What time he doing it is it East American time.
Red Bull on internet often shows stuff like this but not seen it mentioned

Not sure what time, but I think it's being televised live on Discovery?

I just checked the location, and turns out the State Building is nearby, so I would need to take the Orange Line to Clark/Lake, and walk to Dearborn, which is nearby. Afterwards I can walk to Madison and take the #124 Navy Pier bus back to the Metra.

A live webcast can be found here:

http://ABC7Chicago.com.

It begins at 6 PM

I'm in Chicago and I'm embarrassed that city of Chicago would allow this. I guess this is cash cow for the city.

I am now watching him perform his tightwalk in Chicago. I have Discovery Channel on. Here in Santa Fe, it is now almost close to 10 PM. He is walking right now.

I did not watch at the beginning of the program but I just watch that about what I mentioned the time. He made it across in over 7 minutes, I think.

Now he said he is going to walk in another tower being blindfolded. Yep, he is :crazy:. If he is Wallendas, then he is really good at what his family members had taught him in very dangerous places. :Ohno:

EDIT: He made across being blindfolded and now showed rerun of his tightwalk. Very interesting.

Last edited:
I am now watching him perform his tightwalk in Chicago. I have Discovery Channel on. Here in Santa Fe, it is now almost close to 10 PM. He is walking right now.

I did not watch at the beginning of the program but I just watch that about what I mentioned the time. He made it across in over 7 minutes, I think.

Now he said he is going to walk in another tower being blindfolded. Yep, he is :crazy:. If he is Wallendas, then he is really good at what his family members had taught him in very dangerous places. :Ohno:

EDIT: He made across being blindfolded and now showed rerun of his tightwalk. Very interesting.

I was there. The first part, with the longer tightrope was suspensful, because prior to the walk, the winds had been whipping around a bit, but did settle down long enough for him to safely get across.

As for the second part, I noticed it was steeper than they had planned it to be. It was supposed to be 15 feet, but when I saw it, it looked steeper than that, and it was-- turns out it was 19 feet due to weather.

Back