Thinking of getting new hearing aids

Adelah96

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have been thinking to get new hearing aids. Today I go see my audiologist to buy batteries for my current hearing aids. So I talk to my audiologist and tell her that I want to buy new hearing aids in few months. So she let me try Widex Menu hearing aids. I found it's comfortable and maybe suitable for me. But the issue is, I'm confused whether I should get BTE or ITE type of hearing aids.:roll: The audiologist say that I'm going to college in few months and ITE type may suits me well. But I'm just worried if I lost it somewhere because it's so tiny and I also have get used to BTE type. You can tell me your experience with ITE hearing aids. The pros and cons. So I will make a wise decision. I would appreciate it soooooo much if you guys are willing to share anything with me. :ty:

I personally really prefer the BTE over ITE etc.
The BTEs mean you can get a better quality HA for the same price (as a lower quality ITE) and they also tend to last longer and be more durable etc.

That being said, some people find that BTEs and glasses can be a bit tricky to get used to, and you might have some issues with hijab fabric rubbing on the mic.

I'd definitely recommend trying both types and then make a choice based on what you find more comfortable and practical.

I prefer BTE hearing aids as they last so much longer.

Also think about when you go to college will you use a FM system at college. ITE hearing aids can not have FM systems attached to them where's most BTE hearing aids can have FM systems attached to them.

BTE is better, I've been wearing those since infanthood :)
ik you have nothing on your left but I think you will go cuckoo for the Naida.

My audiologist tell me that hearing aids wont work for my left ear. That's why I'm wearing only one hearing aids since I was a kid. Actually I don't know anything about FM system.. Emm.. can you explain? Why ITE can't have FM system attached on it? I agree that maybe BTE is better than ITE. But I'm active and sweating a lot, and caused damage on my BTE easily.

FM system? they actually have a transmitter that can be worn around the neck and a receiver *or FM boot* that will connect to your hearing aid :)

if you're in school, you'll get the kick outta of Roger! (Roger's from the Phonak company so you might wanna check out their cool FM there LOL
(yes, I rocked the Inspiro before Roger FM existed :P)

btw you sweat alot? eargears would look cool on you.

Back