Thinking of getting a pager for my b-day...

Mornie Atalie

Reaction score
Hi have some questions about the pagers out there. Here's the deal. My parents are divorced so they have seperate companies. Anyways my Dad has Cingular and My mom has verizon. I want a pager that has im,e-mail,and internet. That's it. Right now I'm leaning most actualy towards t-mobile b/c for me it seems the best in price it's not exp at 30 dollars a month. Anyone have any good recomendattions. Also I want I data only plany and verizon doesn't have too many data plans Cingular has more as well as T-mobile...Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks you so much.

Try researching in the deaf technology threads on Alldeaf. There have been discussions about AT&T phones with deaf discount, blackberries, etc. You might want to dig thru the threads buried few months ago. :)

I have a AT&T 8525 with 3g speeds and it is $30 a month data plan with 5000 text messages per month under TAP (text accessibilty plan) You get MUCH faster internet speeds than the T-mobile's network. Speeds range from 400 to 800kbps downstream speed with bursts of around 2mbps.

Hi have some questions about the pagers out there. Here's the deal. My parents are divorced so they have seperate companies. Anyways my Dad has Cingular and My mom has verizon. I want a pager that has im,e-mail,and internet. That's it. Right now I'm leaning most actualy towards t-mobile b/c for me it seems the best in price it's not exp at 30 dollars a month. Anyone have any good recomendattions. Also I want I data only plany and verizon doesn't have too many data plans Cingular has more as well as T-mobile...Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks you so much.

First I would check which carrier network have the good coverage in your area.

Seqouias what about AIM..is that under the Text messaging or it's seperate you can do as many aim messages as you like or the aim messages are the same as the text messages.

Seqouias what about AIM..is that under the Text messaging or it's seperate you can do as many aim messages as you like or the aim messages are the same as the text messages.

There are 2 types of AIM IMs .. one via SMS TXT and other via DATA.

Most all cell phones built in AIM is SMS TXT so it count and charge as SMS TXT.

Lots of downloadable IM like IM+ only use DATA to send/receive so no charges for SMS TXT on DATA but you have to purchase them and they cost avarage 20 to 30 dollar one time fee to buy the IM software.

There are a few free DATA IM software but most time is beta or crappy IM.

thank you guys soo much I did see one of I think the BB or smartphones for Sprint Relay at one of the deaf expos and it was 29.99 a month I remember so. Anyways thanks so much you guys for your help. Be well everyone Bye

Back