Things to do with chicken/pasta?!!

InnocentOdion

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm fed up of eating same-y chicken with my pasta.
Has anyone got any interesting recipies for chicken? Like how to make your own KFC style chicken, chicken dippers, fried chicken, wasabi chicken?

Can we list some recipies?

I always have pasta & chicken in my own sauce. (Chilli sauce, Worcestireshire sauce, ketchup & steak sauce, black pepper, pinch of lemon and basil)

I'm sick of it now though.
Has anyone got anything else?

Can you tell me some interesting things to do with pasta (doesn't have to include chicken! It just seems to be the most common meat in this house)

We have about 5kg (11 pounds) of pasta. I really need something newwwwww! :run:

ok

Here

Extra Olive Oil mix White wine Vingare(sp) with black pepper a bit mix
Pasta with Chickpea, Cherry or grape Tomato cuts and Mozz. Cheese balls ( Can choice feta, goat or other cheese)

Mix

Yummy!!! ;)

This sound good

Chicken Avocado Pasta Salad recipe

Chicken Avocado Pasta Salad recipe
information
Note If preparing in advance sprinkle the avocados with lemon juice. Any wholewheat pasta shapes can be used, such as shells, spirals or short cut macaroni.

ingredients
225 g (8 oz) cooked pasta
6 spring onions, washed
150 ml (1/4 pt) Mayonnaise
2 ripe avocados
225 g (8 oz) cooked chicken, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tomatoes, skinned and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded
parsley or watercress (optional)

method
1. Put the cooked pasta in a bowl.

2. Chop the spring onions finely and add to the pasta with the mayonnaise.

3. Remove the skins from the avocados, cut them in half and remove the stones.

4. Cut 8 thin slices for garnish and chop the remainder.

5. Add to the pasta and mayonnaise mixture with the cooked chicken.

6. Season well and add a few drops of lemon juice.

7. Place the sliced avocado in the remaining lemon juice.

8. Arrange the salad in a bowl which has been lined with sliced tomatoes.

9. Decorate with slices of blanched pepper and the sliced avocados.

10. Arrange parsley or watercress around the dish.

serving amount
serves 4

Fresh Tomato Basil and Garlic Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

Fresh Tomato, Basil, and Garlic Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta

2 pounds ripe tomatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 oregano sprig
Pinch chili flakes
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pound dried angel hair pasta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup chiffonade basil, plus whole sprigs for garnish

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath. Cut a small "x" on the bottom of each tomato. In batches, place the tomatoes in the boiling water and blanch them for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the skins are easy to peel away. Remove and immediately plunge into the ice bath. Peel the tomatoes and halve horizontally. Squeeze out the seeds, using your fingers to get them all. Roughly chop the peeled and seeded tomatoes. Set aside. (You can also use whole peeled canned tomatoes. Simply drain them, seed, and roughly chop).
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the thyme leaves, oregano sprig, and chili flakes and saute until the garlic begins to turn golden brown. Add the tomatoes and the sugar and stir well. Lower the heat and cook slowly until the mixture is fairly dry, about 15 minutes.

Cook the angel hair pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the Parmesan and basil and toss well. Place in a large pasta bowl and garnish with Parmesan and basil sprigs.

Lemon Chicken Recipe: Recipes: Food Network
Lemon Chicken

1 large egg
1 teaspoon Asian seasoning
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 cup peanut oil
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup julienned green onions, garnish
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, garnish

In medium bowl, beat the egg lightly with the Asian seasoning. Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in a shallow dish. One at a time, dredge the chicken in the cornstarch and dip into the egg wash, shaking to remove any excess. Dredge again in the cornstarch to lightly coat.
Place on a baking dish and let stand for 5 minutes. Just before cooking, shake off any excess cornstarch.

In a bowl, make the sauce by combining the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.

In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken strips (making sure not to overcrowd the pan.) Fry them for about 3 minutes, until crisp, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. In a small bowl, dissolve the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch in the tablespoon of water. Pour nearly all the oil out of the wok. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the lemon sauce, stir to combine, and bring to a boil.

Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thick. Return the chicken strips to the wok and stir-fry until warmed through and married with the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes.

Remove from the heat and divide among 4 plates. Garnish with the julienned green onions and toasted sesame seeds and serve

i haven't tried the lemon chicken but the pasta is reallyyyyy good! I usually don't put the chili flakes and onions cuz i don't like them. I am going to try and make the lemon chicken for my bf since he loves chicken and loves lemons so hopefully it will be a good combo!

saw this on martha stewart's show

Ingredients
Serves 4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), tendons removed
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 matzos, finely crushed
3 large eggs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 cup soy or grapeseed oil
2 cups Spicy Tomato Sauce
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and torn into pieces

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Using the flat side of a meat mallet or the back of a skillet, pound chicken breasts until they are 3/8 inch thick.
Remove chicken from plastic wrap and set on a large plate; season with salt and pepper. Place flour and matzo each in separate large, shallow dishes. Beat together eggs and Parmigiano-Reggiano in another large shallow dish. Coat each chicken breast half evenly with flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip in egg and cheese mixture, followed by matzo to coat.
Heat oil in a deep large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is very hot, reduce heat to medium and, working in batches, add chicken. Cook chicken, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat process with remaining chicken, allowing oil to reheat between batches.
Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet. Top each breast with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and cover with mozzarella. Transfer baking sheet to oven and cook until cheese is melted and sizzling, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Transfer chicken to broiler and broil until cheese is bubbling, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
First published: October 2007

Hmm...who's not 'chicken' to try some of these mouth-watering recipes? :D

Some good looking recipes posted here so far...hopefully there'll be more added. :)

~RR

umm, one of my favorites with chicken...

I marinate the chicken bits (can be small boneless chicken thighs) in a bowl then pour the famous chinese terkayki sauce to sit overnite (stir the chicken once or twice while it's in fridge overnite). Then you can discard the sauce before cooking it in the oven (I usually add abit of the sauce on my rice when its done) cook it in oven slowly not too high then either over Spanish/white rice or your favorite pasta.

mmmmm so tender and tasty!!! reminds me that I should cook some since I haven't in a long time.

When I'm staving, and want something to eat within 10 minutes, I usually make stir-fry.

All you have do you is cut chicken slices and fry it in a wok with 1 tablespoon oil until lightly brown.
Boil some vegetables, such as carrots, corn, capsicum.
Boil some noodles.
Mix vegetables and noodles together with chicken slices.
Add soy sauce and oyster sauce, and mix again.

You can also add eggs, rice, etc.

I really love "Italian food". Because I stayed in Italy last in 1995 with my friend who is Italian ! ! We stayed there for 3 months! We stayed at my best friend s family house. They were very great homemade with italian food! Wow what a experience! The food was sooooooo CHAMP ! No explain at all! Lol...

That is my favorite is Italian Food Forever Chicken With Lemons And Olives

Italian Food Forever

:afro:

M-

You can make Chicken Katsu (Japanese/Hawaiian-style fried chicken)

take 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/2 inch)

go very light but put a little salt, pepper, and optional garlic powder on them

get about 1/3-1/2 a cup of flour
take an egg and beat it
if you have panko crumbs, you can use them

make sure you have vegetable oil for frying

take the chicken, season it, coat it with the egg, and then put it in the panko/flour

fry for about 10 minutes. If using a pan, make sure to flip the breasts every couple of minutes.

very basic, yes? yes.
However, the most important element of this dish is the katsu sauce.

for the sauce take:
4 tablespoons of applesauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2-3 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of worcestershire
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve over the chicken (pref. with rice)

You can follow the same recipe for the chickens above (just use less flour and more panko) and make chicken parmigiana by putting marinara (and if you like mushrooms, those too) on the chicken and then melting italian cheese over the top. Serve with your choice of pasta and marinara sauce.

Shrimp Linguine

1 lb dry linguine
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste (or 2 6 oz cans) or (dried tomatoes pkg)
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
grated parmesan cheese (for serving)

Directions
Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes,.
Add undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, wine, basil, oregano and salt.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a separate skillet. Add shrimp. Saute 3 to 4 minutes untl shrimp turns pink.
Add shrimp to sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve over linguine.
Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.

I prefer have dried tomatoes pkg, is taste good.

Enjoy it!

Back