theres no music category on all deaf....

dead money

Reaction score
So i guess this post goes here.

I just want to say that Mastodon is orgasmic to listen to. Cant get enough of that band.

You do know that this is a deaf site that not everyone can hear? So why would there be a music category?

some hard of hearing people can hear music, NOT all deaf cant hear the music. Just to let you know ;)

I'm deaf since birth, severe to profound hearing loss and I listen to music.

Mostly rock, with a smattering of other genres. If I tire of those, I switch to classical/opera since there isn't much (if any) speaking/singing and even then, the vocals are just another "instrument" that goes well with the orchestra.

Favorite opera: Don Giovanni, most especially Act 2 Scene 15.
Favorite non-classical/opera song: "You don't know how it feels" - Tom Petty. Good beat/rhythm, clear vocals that make it easy to follow.

I am hard of hearing and I listen to music all the time, yes, even at work and even on VP, hahahahaha

I listen to my music alot. Music is like my boyfriend really loll. Anyways I love to listen to Pop music, Rock, R&B, A little bit of country (carrie underwood DuH) and my fave artist:
Nickelback
Skillet
Vanessa Hudgens
JoJo (shes a teen pop and R&B artist, google her up)
Beatles of course
3 doors down
Taking Back Sunday-( rock band)
Kill Hannah (not hannah montana, just the name of the band)
Fergie (kind of)
Drake Bell (oh so cute and o h so wowie)
Paramore
NSYNC (a boy band when i was a little girl, used to love them!!)
Backstreet boys (same w/ NSYNC)
and Hilary duff

I'm profoundly deaf, but with wearing my HAs I can certainly hear music. I may not understand the lyrics, but once I've got them in hand and memorize them, I can follow right along. So music is a HUGE part of my life. I like quite a variety, and one of my most somewhat-recent favorites is:

Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come:

YouTube - Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come - Lyrics

We could certainly use a music sub-forum for us to post our music likes and videos ... Mods, how about it? :D

I am into the 80's pop and heavy rock music!

One of the reasons I became a CDI was so I could interpret at band concerts. LOL And I did get to interpret for some singers - it was so much fun!!!

I love to "listen" to classic rock and soft rock music. I do listen to some country but only if it's not leaning towards blue grass (eeeeekkk).

Deaf people do and can enjoy music. I've always wanted to be in a band and play drums. I wish I pursued that dream and took classes on how to drum. Maybe I will do that one day. We should start an AD Band. LOL.

Back