There's never any privacy for Deaf people.

:lol:

he doesn't shit on the lawn. he hates walking on grass. he has his own toilet area (wee pad) in bathroom. it cracks me up whenever he peeks his head in, stared at me for a few seconds and then leave.

I should have videotaped my boyfriend's cat walking on grass. This cat lives outdoors all year round and is very tough and I've seen him take down a big rat but this cat takes the fussiest steps through the grass - very high steps - pretty funny to see.

I should have videotaped my boyfriend's cat walking on grass. This cat lives outdoors all year round and is very tough and I've seen him take down a big rat but this cat takes the fussiest steps through the grass - very high steps - pretty funny to see.

lol I can picture that. I thought my dog was just very suspicious of grass so I put him on it and he took fussiest steps out :lol:

I was the bathroom at market basket and had the door locked some kept trying to open the door! When I was done I asked the woman why she kept trying to get in and she told me once waited a long thinking the bathroom was being used and no one in it! HUH ! She could see the door was locked , you had been lucky to not had run into crazy people.
The bathroom in my house growing up had no lock on . So I would try to used the closest door by opening to it against the bathroom door. Once I was drying off after a shower and saw my ex brother peeping into the bathroom and he had his creepy smile on his face! I was 14 years old not a little girl . It made me angry to realize he could had been watching me all the time and I could not hear him!
That is creepy. I'm sorry that you had to put up with that. Do you know why the bathroom in your house had no lock on the door?

That is creepy. I'm sorry that you had to put up with that. Do you know why the bathroom in your house had no lock on the door?

I am not sure why but I think my mother was worried one of the kids would locked them self in there by mistake. I hated having no lock when I realize I was being watched my by ex brother . This one of the many reasons why I call him my ex brother! He make my skin crawl !!

lol I can picture that. I thought my dog was just very suspicious of grass so I put him on it and he took fussiest steps out :lol:

My dog Marty will jumped back what a blade of grass moved toward him!! It is so funny! And he will bark at dog 3x the size of him!! He is one funny little dog !

When I was little, I hated closing my door all the way and was afraid that something would pop out of the toilet and eat me. So I left it open just an inch... My mom noticed and started coming in, sat down on the bathtub just to chat with me while I did my business. I'd frequently scream at her to get out.

After that, I started locking the door.

There have been few occasions in NYC when I walked into women doing their business OUTSIDE of the stall... Not even on a toilet! Just... Few feet away. I have no idea why...

when i was little, i hated closing my door all the way and was afraid that something would pop out of the toilet and eat me. So i left it open just an inch... My mom noticed and started coming in, sat down on the bathtub just to chat with me while i did my business. I'd frequently scream at her to get out.

After that, i started locking the door.

There have been few occasions in nyc when i walked into women doing their business outside of the stall... Not even on a toilet! Just... Few feet away. I have no idea why...

gross!

Inmates would take one leg completely out of their pants when they sit down on the toilet. Why? That is when they are vulnerable, and they do that so they move quick or run if they are being attacked while on the toilet.

Inmates would take one leg completely out of their pants when they sit down on the toilet. Why? That is when they are vulnerable, and they do that so they move quick or run if they are being attacked while on the toilet.

If I ever get sent to prison, I hope there is a course that teaches us this because I would have no clue. I'd be easy picking!!! :ty:

If I ever get sent to prison, I hope there is a course that teaches us this because I would have no clue. I'd be easy picking!!! :ty:

You'd better behave yourself then! I don't think they hold "Prison 101" or hand out "Lock-up for Dummies" to newbies coming in. :giggle:

Last edited:
Even though the issue is long over with. It's interesting to see all the stories of different people's experiences. I personally think Deaf is a whole different world than Hearing. Once you lose your hearing you'll find yourself more conscience of your surroundings to a point that you protect your privacy more. Just saying. As for the bolts on the door i just tell my Fiancee if you want I'll just open all the windows and the bathroom door for all to see even removing the bathroom door would solve the problem right? there has to be some issues of privacy i'm certain of it. So it's either privacy or none at all in my house. :P

I have had a little kid crawl UNDER the door into the bathroom stall with me. I jumped and smacked my arm on the toilet paper holder and squealed and then the kid got drug out of the stall by his feet. When I got out his mother was profusely apologizing to me. At the time it was embarrassing but looking back on it I find it kind of funny.

I can understand a little toddler doing this maybe, but not an adult.

At home, I just shut the bathroom door. When I am at Walmart or someplace like that I use only stalls that have functioning locks. If not, either I wait or I go some place else.

The same stall?! You must have deluxe restrooms. :giggle: I haven't been in any stalls that big except for the handicap accessible ones.

I have heard of two-seater outhouses.

I always wondered about that. We had an outhouse on the farm in addition to one regular bathroom in the house because of our large family. And this outhouse was a two-seater.....never figured that one out. Better ventilation since you're covering up one? :lol:

I always wondered about that. We had an outhouse on the farm in addition to one regular bathroom in the house because of our large family. And this outhouse was a two-seater.....never figured that one out. Better ventilation since you're covering up one? :lol:
Who knows? More sociable? :lol:

I have a photo of TCS when he was a kid using the outhouse at his grandparents lakeside house. The door was wide open so he could get enough light to read by. (He was seated, and the reading material covered a lot of area.) It also was a great photo op. :giggle:

When TCS went to Ukraine a few years ago, he visited a church there. They had an outhouse. It was next to the walkway up to the church. It also had an opening, like a window, so whomever was sitting in there could chat to passersby. :eek:

:lol: re: TCS! Dunno about more sociable but I don't have any recollection of anyone in the family doing this.

:lol: re: TCS! Dunno about more sociable but I don't have any recollection of anyone in the family doing this.
Could have been a good theory that didn't work in reality. :lol:

Back