+THEREfore+

ii

Reaction score
I have start thinking about some word that dont have in sign language like //Therefore// but unit then i looked up on google to see if there have and what sign for THEREfore and that is the most interesting sign language i have felt about //THEREfore// sign language. it's like a triangle when you sign of therefore...i am just interesting how we deaf people understand and see complex word into the imagination of word //THEREfore// .. before that i was making up my own sign language of THEREfore but i like both..it's just interesting I just cant expain...i am sorry if i dont make any sense...

Therefore...

//

That "therefore" sign is as old as the hills and, please do not be inventing your own signs.....

That "therefore" sign is as old as the hills and, please do not be inventing your own signs.....

I understand and respect that. Just wondering why the sign language have to be strict and not open minded? or is that reason that will confused and mixed up sign language? I am just interesting and respect.

Hmmm, I and those I know and most of whom I don't know have pretty much always used it for everything......:giggle:

Fine... But it's not everyday you can use "that therefore" in a sentence. :P

Could I convert you to the two"p" hands arcing from right to left?

It's quicker and easier.

I have never used (or even heard of...) 'therefore' for math either in English or ASL but then I don't do higher level math. The term I use it as is more of..."I am sick therefore I will need to call the doctor" or similar- that format I've used in English and sign.

It would be like making up a new word for the color green. No one would understand you.

It would be like making up a new word for the color green. No one would understand you.

the word of color green and "therefore" is big different story.

green is just when you sign language green, all you see is green in your head.

but "therefore" do you get it?

Fine... But it's not everyday you can use "that therefore" in a sentence. :P

Could I convert you to the two"p" hands arcing from right to left?

It's quicker and easier.

Madame, I think that which you have just proposed means "according or accordingly".

"Therefore" is the period sign thrice in the air in front of you, like so " . ."

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way, I use "therefore" quite frequently in my ASL.....I tend to be kinda "englishy", too, lol

Hmmm, I and those I know and most of whom I don't know have pretty much always used it for everything......:giggle:

Same here. Always used that same sign for everything regarding therefore. It doesn't have to be about math. It's the end result, regardless of the capacity in which it's used.

Madame, I think that which you have just proposed means "according or accordingly".

"Therefore" is the period sign thrice in the air in front of you, like so " . ."

:hmm:

I edited this post...did you see it? Basically saying the dots for that word basically form a triangle....

I like the ". ." one but i think the triangle one is more for math or both are just the same but different sign language?

Back