The Weather

plasticdinosaur

Reaction score
Anyone else getting a beat down? We currently have half an inch of ice here, plus sleet on top of that.

Here're some pics from earlier this morning.

2i6i6ma.jpg

9vhwxu.jpg

ojxhv.jpg

ok1na8.jpg

2jeo704.jpg

My brother is totally snowbound. The garage doors will not open. The back door has snow piled up for 6 feet from the drifts and the front yard is normally a big hill and right now, looks level to the front door. The driveway is 500 feet and the snow covers his tractor. He spent the day in the garage building bird feeders with all his scrap lumber. He is a finish carpenter.

wow..beautiful pictures but sooooo deadly!

Crazy snow!

Yeah, I made on of the pics too big, but don't know how to edit the post now. Lol, I'm such a newb.

Who said Texas is a hot state iced in for going on two days now.... and missing my ASL classes booo

We're having a blizzard here at the moment. It's white everywhere!

Crazy snow!

Yeah, I made on of the pics too big, but don't know how to edit the post now. Lol, I'm such a newb.

Go here Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimize images for websites and email It won't help you with the image you already posted, but it will help you next time. :)

I'm supposed to get anything between 12 and 25 inches of snow by late tomorrow afternoon. Already have about 4 or 5 inches.

I've been in ice storms in 1987 and 2009, I just barely remember the blizzard of 1967, I remember 1979, and 1999. I'd much rather go through a blizzard!

We have a major blizzard here as well in California. :lol:

5409826816_7c2d3b5295.jpg

5409826938_0a9f14bb84.jpg

Those photos were taken via my iphone.

We've had a lot of ice and rain.

I'll take some of that California blizzard!

We have piles of snow in places because of the blizzard last night. I'm leaving for work! Looks like up to near my knees or so.

still in blizzard state here - I had to get hubby up <he has a cold> to get the doors open because they were blocked by snow. I couldn't get the dogs outside this morning.
currently several folks in our circle are trying to make paths through the mounds of snow.

My sincere sympathy to those who are experiencing dangerous weather conditions. I hope no serious damage or injuries occur.

I'm especially concerned about the people in Australia who are being hit by a huge Cat. 5 hurricane/cyclone. It could be devastating to the already flood-saturated areas.

Last edited:
oh NO - hurricane in Australia - what about JClarke and Miss Delectable - aren't they in Aus?

mom just called - folks trapped in their house by snow blocking doors-
am glad their furnace is working, they've had issues with this year!

My daughter's SU|V was hit by a truck yesterday. Luckily no one hurt, but I guess the SUV is missing lots of outside parts.

:eek3:oh wow- so glad no one was hurt, Bott! How scary for you and your daughter!

had about 4 inches of freezing rain on the ground from last night. Then, it started snowing a couple hours ago and hasn't let up. It's just a moderate snow, but if it continues all day, we'll have over a foot by nightfall.

Purdue has been closed for two days in a row now. Yesterday wasn't necessary, but I think today is.

On the whole, I was expecting a lot worse...

Nice little vacation though :)

had about 4 inches of freezing rain on the ground from last night. Then, it started snowing a couple hours ago and hasn't let up. It's just a moderate snow, but if it continues all day, we'll have over a foot by nightfall.

Purdue has been closed for two days in a row now. Yesterday wasn't necessary, but I think today is.

On the whole, I was expecting a lot worse...

Cabin Fever yet??

We got an inch of ice, and then an inch of snow on top. Treacherous driving! Now it is snowing and we have 50 mph winds. Power outages everywhere! Thank goodness, I have not lost power yet. But am prepared with a kerosene heater and a bunch of candles and flashlights just in case.

Back