The Wait Is Over, Our Prayers Have Been Answered.

CODAchild

Reaction score
:applause: :applause: As you may have seen in some of my postings, I would mention that I have a deaf foster son who is 8 years old.
Well, thank the Good Lord, the wait is over and our prayers have been answered.
This past Thursday, September 8th, our Social Worker from the Department of Children, Youth and Families, had a,we hoped for, a final court date for our foster son. When our Social Worker called me on Thursday afternoon, she had given us the best news possible. As of December 8th, we will be adopting our Foster Son Tiger, and he will become legally ours.
My husband and I cannot tell you how happy we are, as we have waited almost 3 years for this day to come.
I wanted to share this with all of you here on AllDeaf because you all are so wonderful, and have been like family to me.
So keep us in your prayers. We have explained this to Tiger. He was a little concerned because he has 2 biological brothers. One is deaf and one is hearing, and he is just concerned that he won't see them again, but, the Judge will set up visits through Family Services so the brothers will spend time together.
Thank you all for the support and love you have shown when I would mention my Foster Son on different postings. I am eternally grateful.

I am so happy for you! I am not aware of your story, but you made it pretty clear in your post. Lucky child!

I must have missed alot. I had no idea you were adopting a deaf foster child. I'm so glad that you got your prayer answered. This is really good news and I'm really happy for you. :hug:

He is sure lucky to have a wonderful mother like you who has so much love to give away. ;)

Great ! God is always good ! :fruit:

Lantana said:
I am so happy for you! I am not aware of your story, but you made it pretty clear in your post. Lucky child!
:ty: so much Lantana!!! I met Tiger at the R.I. School for the Deaf where I was a receptionist. He had no signing skills. So I would take him on the weekends with my husband and we would work with him. His Mom is a drug addict and lost him and 2 others brothers. So the social workers knew that we were working with him and asked if we would continue and foster him and we said yes. He has ADHD and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and threw meds he is doing much better.
Thank you so much

Cheri said:
I must have missed alot. I had no idea you were adopting a deaf foster child. I'm so glad that you got your prayer answered. This is really good news and I'm really happy for you. :hug:

He is sure lucky to have a wonderful mother like you who has so much love to give away. ;)
:wave: Cheri!!!!!! Are you and Angel back yet from your bbq trip? I hope you had a great time and met some nice people along the way!!!
Thank you so much!! He was a handful at first, and now he has become a wonderful little boy. It was such a long wait, but, it was worth it!!!
Thank you so much!!! I hope that all went well with your trip and thank God you and Angel arrived home safely!!!!

IcedTeaRulz said:
:ty: so much IcedTeaRulz, that is exactly what I did when I got the news from the social worker. Jumped, screamed, cried and danced all over the house!!!!

CyberRed said:
Great ! God is always good ! :fruit:
:ty: so very much CyberRed. You are so right! God is good. I prayed every single day to God to let us adopt Tiger, and I know he listened everytime. Our prayers were finally answered.
Thank you so much!!!

CODAchild said:
:wave: Cheri!!!!!! Are you and Angel back yet from your bbq trip? I hope you had a great time and met some nice people along the way!!!
Thank you so much!! He was a handful at first, and now he has become a wonderful little boy. It was such a long wait, but, it was worth it!!!
Thank you so much!!! I hope that all went well with your trip and thank God you and Angel arrived home safely!!!!

:wave: CODAchild! Yes, We are official back, finally *kissing the ground of Ohio* I thought we will never get home because of so much conflicts with the trucks while going to Reno and heading home from Reno. Enough about me, The spot light is on you now. ;) I'm sure that little boy is worth it and I'm so surprise that you were a foster mother, You have so much goodness in your heart, Wishes there were more people like you out there. :hug: :ily:

jazzy said:
This is best news of the day on AD. Congratulation! :)
:ty: so much jazzy, you just made me feel so good. We could use some good news around here. I am glad I was able to provide some good news!!!

Thanks again jazzy!!!

ALLRIGHT!!! That is AWESOME.....Tiger can grow up DODA....maybe you can adopt his second brother too!!!!

Cheri said:
:wave: CODAchild! Yes, We are official back, finally *kissing the ground of Ohio* I thought we will never get home because of so much conflicts with the trucks while going to Reno and heading home from Reno. Enough about me, The spot light is on you now. ;) I'm sure that little boy is worth it and I'm so surprise that you were a foster mother, You have so much goodness in your heart, Wishes there were more people like you out there. :hug: :ily:
Oh Thank God you are home safe!!!! I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting home. You must be so happy to see your family again!!

I have been a foster mother for almost 3 years now. Thank the Lord the wait is finally over. Thank you so much Cheri for you kind words, you are truly a wonderful person yourself. I am so happy you're back and Angel too.

Again thank you Cheri for your wonderful support

:hug: :hug: :ily: toooo!!!!

deafdyke said:
ALLRIGHT!!! That is AWESOME.....Tiger can grow up DODA....maybe you can adopt his second brother too!!!!
:ty: Oh deafdyke you are so funny!!! The other 2 brothers, 1 is hearing is 13 years old, is in a foster home and will be adopted too. The youngest brother is deaf also, but, due to neglect by his Mom because of ear infections that were not medically treated. He has a deaf foster mom and he will be adopted too. Tiger wants to see his brothers. Luckily he gets to see his hearing brother once a month through family services, but, the youngest one is 7 years old, I have such a hard time getting her to respond through emails, but, I am not the only one. Family Services and DCYF also are having a hard time contacting her. With the judge's help, he will get this foster mom to jump and start answering people when they contact her. It's such a shame.
Thank you so much deafdyke!!!

RosesNY said:
That is AWESOME news i even hear.
:ty: so much RosesNY. You are so sweet!!! This is going to be a wonderful Christmas present for all of us. Thank you so much again RosesNY.

Hey...I grew up in Reno, NV for 15 years! I am glad you got home safe and sound. :)

Cheri said:

Back