The Ultimate Guide: Walmart

dracotkk

Reaction score
Edit: Has a few cus words, i'm editing those now.

This is borderline Off topic General / Funny area, but I wrote this on another forum. Enjoy.

Hello, and Welcome to the Ultimate Guide: Wal-Mart.

Upon entering this atrocity of a store, you will notice two things: Anyone under the sun is possible of being found at this location, and that Wal-Mart is divided into two parts. Grocery and Other.

I work in the Grocery dept. It's normally kept to a minimum of people working there, or actually seen in the area. You're lucky to find anyone, but your best bet is by looking down one of the aisles. Or if you really want to p*** an Associate off, stick your head inside the "Associates only" door, and ask a question.

The Other side is a little bit more convenient, and easier to find stuff. This side just is cluttered, and mysterious.

Now, I'm sure that you have seen a list such as "Top 50 things to do in Wal-Mart". But what is the end result of most of this? Doesn't really have that much of an effect. For example, if you were to randomly fill a buggy full of items, the following things would happen: The buggy would be located, and observed; someone would wonder 'Who the f$&% did this?'; the buggy would then be taken to an associates only door, where most associates would see. Each associate stocking items would gradually pick out items they know locations of and place them on the shelves. No one person will do an entire buggy. That's just stupid and time consuming of them.

Oddly enough, the most effective (100% garenteed) way to startle and confuse an employee is this: Walk up to an associate, act all polite and nice. You are to say the following words, "I really appreciate the job that you do at this store." The Associate will then process the words, reprocess, come to the conclusion that you are being sarcastic, and then their brain will explode. I promise you. They will be walking around going wtf the rest of the shift.

On another note, I'm sure that you have notice there are several different jobs within the store. People greeters, cart pushers, stockers, hardware, housewares, photo, etc. You should feel sorry for the people greeters, unfortunate souls. I've worked in this area to cover for people during their breaks before. I know what I'm talking about. Cashiers are the most hellish job there. Cashiers get the most grief, are required to be friendly, and to enforce rules, such as beer, etc. Stockers, which is what I am, just stock stuff. We are not walking encyclopedias and food indexes. Half of the time we do not know what Aisle number we are currently on. They encourage socializing occasionally.

Odds and Ends: This store has a wide variety of shit you can buy, thus proving the statement, "Get your s#&* and get out." In the past month and a half that I have worked there, a few of the things I have found are foods that are both "Naturally and Artificially preserved". I have also found Butt Paste. I shit you not. "Butt Paste" for diaper rashes. The sad thing is, people actually BUY this stuff.

Well, this is all of the current stuff I feel like typing. I typed this in the spur of the moment. lol. Enjoy and comment.

Matthew Jones.

Back