The Truth About Diet Soda (MSN health & fitness)

PePe LePew

Reaction score
There remain some concerns over aspartame, the low-calorie chemical used to give diet sodas their flavor.

Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar, and some animal research has linked consumption of high amounts of the sweetener to brain tumors and lymphoma in rodents. The FDA maintains that the sweetener is safe, but reported side effects include dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, memory loss, and mood changes. Check out our guide to the 11 most controversial food additives to see how aspartame stacks up.

The bottom line is this: Diet soda does you no good, and it might just be doing you harm. The best way to hydrate is by drinking low-calorie, high-nutrient fluids—and choosing healthy alternatives, like the ones you'll find in our list of the 16 best drink swaps.

Click this links below:

The Truth About Diet Soda - MSN Health & Fitness - Nutrition

I quit sodas for a month now, I got zit under my eyelid which freak me out. This is not the first time though, but never with a zit, I got infection which cause my chin become fatter, and other time that I got infection which make my eyelid become fatter, also other time on my side of the eye, and finally a zit under my eyelid.

There remain some concerns over aspartame, the low-calorie chemical used to give diet sodas their flavor.

Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar, and some animal research has linked consumption of high amounts of the sweetener to brain tumors and lymphoma in rodents. The FDA maintains that the sweetener is safe, but reported side effects include dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, memory loss, and mood changes. Check out our guide to the 11 most controversial food additives to see how aspartame stacks up.

The bottom line is this: Diet soda does you no good, and it might just be doing you harm. The best way to hydrate is by drinking low-calorie, high-nutrient fluids—and choosing healthy alternatives, like the ones you'll find in our list of the 16 best drink swaps.

Click this links below:

The Truth About Diet Soda - MSN Health & Fitness - Nutrition

Can you find a more reliable source then the one you cited?

Problem with me I can not drink regular soda cuz of diabetic. Diet sodas are better off for me than regualr soda but I am trying to cut down and drink more lemon water and tea with stevia. Oh well.

I quit sodas for a month now, I got zit under my eyelid which freak me out. This is not the first time though, but never with a zit, I got infection which cause my chin become fatter, and other time that I got infection which make my eyelid become fatter, also other time on my side of the eye, and finally a zit under my eyelid.
Eh? Drinking soda gave you a zit under your eyelid?

I drink soda, but not as often as most people do.

At home, I'm almost always drinking water. The only time I don't drink water is if I get something that's on sale at the store or it's something new that I want to try. Last week, I bought a couple 12-packs of Mountain Dew Game Fuel (red & blue).

When I go out to eat, that's when I'm likely to drink soda. I don't eat out much. So, nothing wrong with having soda once a while. :)

I´m not surprised because I know long time ago about diet soda.

I don´t drink any soda.

I would drink a diet Coke or Pepsi once in a blue moon,I do like PepsiMax but I can't drink them because I get more hungry than I do just drinking Pepsi. I'm just that way :roll:

Yup - diet sodas that are drunken into the body can produce formaldehyde (used for embalming) and DKP (diketopiperazine).

Icky, isn't it?

Yup - diet sodas that are drunken into the body can produce formaldehyde (used for embalming) and DKP (diketopiperazine).

Icky, isn't it?

Yea, my hubby sent me something via email about diet coke preventing me from losing weight so I am working on trying to quit.

I don't drink much soda. They taste awesome and I drink one every once in a while, just not everyday. I'm not a fan of diet soda cause they taste odd and I'm used to the regular kinds, the ones with 50 grams of sugar. lol

Eh? Drinking soda gave you a zit under your eyelid?

Yes, it happens to my dad too, he told me every time if he drink pepsi, next day he will get a zit. He even got a huge zit EVER which called "Boil" which are around 2 inches wide zit. I get the feelings if I continue to drink the Pepsi, I will get the boil too so I rather just quit.

Yes, it happens to my dad too, he told me every time if he drink pepsi, next day he will get a zit. He even got a huge zit EVER which called "Boil" which are around 2 inches wide zit. I get the feelings if I continue to drink the Pepsi, I will get the boil too so I rather just quit.
I've never heard of this happening.

Every single time he drinks Pepsi?

Perhaps, it's an allergic reaction? Did he see a doctor?

I find it hard to believe that you get eye pimple every single time you drink Pepsi.

I've never heard of this happening.

Every single time he drinks Pepsi?

Perhaps, it's an allergic reaction? Did he see a doctor?

I find it hard to believe that you get eye pimple every single time you drink Pepsi.

I only got zit in my eyelid once and other time that I got infection without zit, but usually there's zits around my face, my chest, my shoulders, my back, also once inside my mouth on the gums, since I have been drinking the Pepsi everyday since I was 10 years old. They are getting fading away when I quit for over a month now.

We don't become sick or anything from drinking the pepsi, just the zits, pimple or even boil, those are the reason why we have to quit. Pepsi is not clean drinking, it's dirty with full of chemicals that cause us to have zits.

Anyway, here's the picture of the zit under my eyelid that I took. It happen at the same day that I quit a month ago.

zitintheeye.jpg

Back