The Storm

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
Just woke up to take some pain pills and I see the blue flashes of lightning outside. I can hear anything out there but if I didn't wake up too see it was storming then I would never know. I don't even remember what a storm sounds like anymore. ☹️

I can't hear thunder, either. Unless when it's right on top of me - and that's with my HAs.
At rehearsal on Saturday evening - at an open-air theater - we were "on hold" waiting for for the threat of rain to pass. At some point my daughter told me we were waiting because they could hear thunder. Eventually we canceled and headed home. I saw lots of flashes of lightening, but never heard the distant thunder.

It's strange to me. I use to love storm they help me fall asleep. I think not hearing storms or rain and having a hard time on the phone is when I noticed my hearing was going.

We've had some very bad lightening storms and fires lately...as for the Thunder...if it's close by and very loud, I can feel it (the vibes)...Last year, I remember it well...the thunder was so strong it seemed to shake the house...I could feel the "clap" of the thunder. Love to sleep during all of this....and my doggie just snuggles in w/me.

I just took my dog out and didn't hear the thunder until we were outside there been warning on TV that we're getting a severe T storm ! The lightning knocked
out my computer ! The storm is over, it didn't rain very long . :(

You should unplug electronics (not appliances) when it's an electrical storm. I unplug laptops, phones from their chargers, unplug the drone, etc. I don't bother with the tv but just about anything else yes.

You should unplug electronics (not appliances) when it's an electrical storm. I unplug laptops, phones from their chargers, unplug the drone, etc. I don't bother with the tv but just about anything else yes.
I just did the myself.
And, yep, thunder. Just saw a flash of light and heard a clap

Smart. I know the tvs can still get fried (never had that happen yet) but I value my computers and phones more :). The appliances are on their own circuit and I suppose they could all get fried but I can't go unplug them every time. Gets paranoid at that point.

When I lived in Texas... it's common for thunderstorm to occur there. Once a while I see a lot of lightnings and strong thunder that I could feel the rumbling in the house. Sometimes lightnings keep me awake at night when there is continuous lightnings. I don't ever recall anything in the family ever had fried electronics once...we used the surge protector for most electronics.

When I lived in Texas... it's common for thunderstorm to occur there. Once a while I see a lot of lightnings and strong thunder that I could feel the rumbling in the house. Sometimes lightnings keep me awake at night when there is continuous lightnings. I don't ever recall anything in the family ever had fried electronics once...we used the surge protector for most electronics.
Surge protectors won't protect from a direct lightning strike. We found out the hard way. We got zapped by lightning. It didn't fry everything--just one TV, the garage door opener, and a few other things. Kind of random.

http://www.alldeaf.com/threads/sore...omputers-can-hook-up.43729/page-3#post-815137

Surge protectors won't protect from a direct lightning strike. We found out the hard way. We got zapped by lightning. It didn't fry everything--just one TV, the garage door opener, and a few other things. Kind of random.

We did have a lightning hit close to the house but haven't fried our electronics as far as I remember. My dad had experienced damage from tornado several years back.

I agree, Reba. That's why I unplug the things I mentioned. I can live without the tv but not my laptop or phone! :)

Back