The Secessionist Campaign For the Republic Of Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh interesting but I doubtfully about any states will secede from US and I know about Vermont isn't land of teabaggers either since it is more reasonable thing to say.

The Tea Party movement and secession are not the same thing.

In this case a few=over 1 million. I think you are confusing the secession movement and the Republic of Texas claim that Texas was nnot legally annexed.

Maybe I got those two mixed up but please clarify as to why you think Texas was not legally annexed?

I didn't say I thought that. It was a group called the Republic of Texas

From their site

The republic of Texas Nation 1836-Present

Texas is a North American sovereign Nation standing under God's law that is alive and surviving after being fraudulently placed in a dormant state on or about 163 years ago and was released from said dormancy in September 2005. The republic of Texas Nation was brought out of dormancy by a National Texian People's ballot election for the reconstituting of their constitutional Texas republic Government in compliance with the 1836 organic republic of Texas Constitution as amended and accepted by the Texian People and for the Texian People.

How It Started

It started with an unlawful annexation by resolution from the US Congress after a Treaty of Annexation was voted down three to one by the US Senate in 1844. There is no provision in the U.S. Constitution that allows its Congress any authority for annexing a foreign nation, which the Constitutional Texas republic is and was at that time. To accomplish annexation, the U.S. House and Senate passed an unlawful joint resolution using color of law. There was not a quorum present to vote on the matter, so it was passed unlawfully. Further, only the US Senate by a two-thirds majority vote can pass an annexation treaty, and their annexation authority is limited to territories, and therefore, does not extend to nations. Through this fraud, the republic of Texas Nation in 1845 was placed in dormancy and The State of Texas was unlawfully created, by color of law trickery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back