The saga continues , ARGHHHHH!

set2

Reaction score
Hi all!

I was able to get my audiograms from the past 5 years together and I was shocked to see how much hearing I have lost in that time. My left ear was normal and my right ear had a moderate loss. I now have a severe loss in both ears. It is scaring me because it looks like it could be a matter of a only a few years before I am completely deaf.

I made an appointment with my ENT to discuss the change and I think it shook him up a little bit. He talked to my Primary care doctor and she had me get some blood work done and has referred me to a Rheumatologist sp? to rule out some autoimmune disease. I see the rheumatologist next week and I am probably looking at some more blood work and who knows what else.

I will have to wait until all the testing is done before getting clearance for new hearing aids. It is frustrating because I really want to do something NOW! I am missing too much. I thought I had accepted my hearing loss but the last few days have been hard for me.

It is hard isnt it I am going through the same thing .They tell me all is not lost when and if i loose all my hearing I can have a CI ...Not much comfort is it . I have always been deaf in my right ear .Thanks to meiniers there is not much left in my other one..

Back