The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to this "movement" and their agenda?

Ummmm how about Focus on the family and all those other "family values" organziations? They were quite active in the 90's if I recall.

I wonder....

Are same sex romantic friendships sins?

A girl I know was raised religiously but she has deep feelings for women. However, since she believes that homosexuality is a sin, she is looking for someone to have a romantic friendship with. Basically, a non-sexual relationship. I told her "Honestly, I think you're just trying to cheat the "system"."

I wonder....

Are same sex romantic friendships sins?

A girl I know was raised religiously but she has deep feelings for women. However, since she believes that homosexuality is a sin, she is looking for someone to have a romantic friendship with. Basically, a non-sexual relationship. I told her "Honestly, I think you're just trying to cheat the "system"."

I personally feel it depends on the congregation.

A lot of the older, conservative religions are fear-mongers. They come from mostly the bible belt area, "You have committed homosexuality therefore you have sinned."

There are however, newer, tolerant sects that are okay with homosexuality. You might realize or find that a lot of Christians from those are not as bible-thumping from these congregations.

I don't really know the explanation for how they feel other than it is different for everybody. Even I tend to disagree with people, not that I see myself as fully following divinity and 'clear' of sin.

You never hear Westboro Baptist Church before Shel? They have before countdown on webpage of how many days Matthew Shepard in hell. They picket soldier funerals. They full on CRAZY.

That charming group "visited" a church that I attended in Colorado. This church's "sin" was allowing women to fully participate in the church. So annoying.

I don't really know the explanation for how they feel other than it is different for everybody.

I also want to state that I've seen Christians putting down other Christians. You might find it weird but it happens all the time in the churches if you've attended it enough to notice this. I've seen older sects put down the modern Christians who are using rock/punk music stars, denouncing their ways as "if it were entertainment". I've seen the bible thumpers who yell "you're going to hell" being put down by other Christians in McDonald's.

So, with religion it holds a big bag of worms.

I also want to state that I've seen Christians putting down other Christians.

The Scewtape Letters addresses this problem. It's been so long since I read it, I would have to reread it to describe what it said.

I've seen atheists put down other atheists, too.

:dunno:

Yeah, but the difference is they've got nothing to lose, it is just individual opinion and not from group fundamentalism.

It's not on the same level as Christian ideology vs another Christian's ideology. Who is the more correct Christian? Well, no one can refute that for sure because each group understands the teachings differently.

Yeah, but the difference is they've got nothing to lose, it is just individual opinion and not from group fundamentalism.

It's not on the same level as Christian ideology vs another Christian's ideology. Who is the more correct Christian? Well, no one can refute that for sure because each group understands the teachings differently.

Nothing to lose? That depends.

Nothing to lose? That depends.

on? Come on, don't stop there...

My gf's mother does this sometimes. She starts talking and stops in the middle of a sentence. drives me bonkers because I'm just waiting patently for the rest of the sentence.

The Scewtape Letters addresses this problem. It's been so long since I read it, I would have to reread it to describe what it said.

Pretty interesting. I took a glance at the summary on wiki. It kind of reminds me of the concept of "Lesser evil" and "Prime evil". Will have to check it out.

That certainly sounds like these officers are stepping way out of bounds.

Are they saying that to all Iraq veterans or just your friends? I confess, this is the first I've heard of it. It certainly should be newsworthy.

You're kidding, right? They did the same thing in VietNam. Dehumanized and demonized. In fact, they have done the same in every war. It's what enables soldiers to kill more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back