The Official AD Weight Loss Thread

guido

Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to those sinkers who can stand to lose a few of those love handles. If you're trying to live healthier and drop a few pounds, this is for you.

My family recently joined a gym, and I was able to be included in the membership, and so I've been going to the gym a lot lately. I've been swimming 10 laps and jogging a mile and a half almost every day since. Aside, I also work a strenuous job that requires a lot of physical work, which also help me out. I've also cut junk food from my diet. I've stopped eating fast food, and I am trying to transition to vegetarianism. I'm currenty 195, and I'm often self-conscious of it. My goal is to make it down to 175. We'll see how that goes.

So if you're currently trying to shed a few pounds, or have a success story, share your experience.

This thread is dedicated to those sinkers who can stand to lose a few of those love handles. If you're trying to live healthier and drop a few pounds, this is for you.

Is there money involved for losing weight?

No, only the personal satisfaction of being more socially acceptable. :stupid:

Oh crap. Biggest losers get money for all the weight loss they lose, and we get nothing. :(

Well this is a failed attempt at positivity. I'll go back to being a smart ass.

weight loss

i know im off the topic but i know its hard to loss weights - look at me used to be 405 lbs then go down to 245 then gained alot to 300 now im in the goal of lossin it now.. already lost 13 lbs by watchin what i eat and walkin sometimes with my best buddy etc... i have papers to join wellness center here in ky but havent had the courage to turn it in so plan doin that in the monring and see... they do offer dietcians, how to quit smoking etc.. thats good start for me..

Go for it! That is impressive that you were able to drop 160 pounds. It makes my task look miniscule. Don't give up.

Maybe you will motivate me. I was dieting a few months ago. I used my divorce as an excuse to quit.

Maybe you will motivate me. I was dieting a few months ago. I used my divorce as an excuse to quit.

That is anything but an excuse. Get back to dieting, and get outside. If anything, you should be exercising to cheer yourself up after your divorce. Nothing cheers me up more than going to the gym and shooting some hoops or jogging on the treadmill.

That is anything but an excuse. Get back to dieting, and get outside. If anything, you should be exercising to cheer yourself up after your divorce. Nothing cheers me up more than going to the gym and shooting some hoops or jogging on the treadmill.

Sir, yes Sir. If you will be my drill sergeant I will loose some weight sir.

Sir, yes Sir. If you will be my drill sergeant I will loose some weight sir.

I know how Casperman and Zookeeper feels...I had that kind of problem... tried to lose weight... then i had bad car accident nearly killed me.... lost lots of weight.. was bed ridden for 5 months.. i was down to 90 lbs.. it took me two years to be fully recovered... now i weigh 120 lbs..

My family recently joined a gym, and I was able to be included in the membership, and so I've been going to the gym a lot lately. I've been swimming 10 laps and jogging a mile and a half almost every day since. Aside, I also work a strenuous job that requires a lot of physical work, which also help me out. I've also cut junk food from my diet. I've stopped eating fast food, and I am trying to transition to vegetarianism. I'm currenty 195, and I'm often self-conscious of it. My goal is to make it down to 175. We'll see how that goes.

So if you're currently trying to shed a few pounds, or have a success story, share your experience.

Hey we re in the same boat. I am trying to lose weight and being tone at the same time. Right now I 'm at 195 and trying to at least losing to 180 without losing any muscles. Muscles will cause some gain in weight. But my ulitmate goal is to have flat tummy. I have damn BEER GUT :rl: lol

Yea eating right is a big part of losing weight. I have been eating meals in small portion and dont eat second helping. Also I drink only water , no soda or no juices.

Good luck and hope you ll make it like I will :cool:

Back