the new Power CIC from Phonak ..any experience???

stream2525

Reaction score
Small system, big results: the new Power CIC from Phonak

With the new Power “Completely-in-the-Canal” (CIC) hearing system, Phonak introduces an incredibly small in-the-ear solution designed specifically for people with severe hearing loss. The new hearing system which is available for the Exélia, Versáta, and Certéna product families provides amplification of up to 65 dB (real-ear gain) and a fitting range that is 15-20 dB higher than that of a standard CIC. Particularly in the frequency range between 100 Hz and 1 kHz, the Power CIC hearing system provides a performance spectrum that is up to 25 dB higher than that of comparable products.

http://www.phonak.com/company/mediac...6804D02DF94E71

I wonder if anyone has used this .

We need some feedback from someone who tired it.

Your link is incomplete. I read in another forum about someone asking about CIC for severe-profound losses. The audiologist replied to him: It's technically possible to get up to 60db gain, however you start getting feedback with more than 30db gain. There's no way around this as it's a limitation of physics with the speaker so close to the microphone. So much for being discreet with a CIC when everyone around you can hear whistling emitting from your ears. Enjoy all the stares and people asking you what the heck is that whistling noise? Is it your cell phone ring tone or a beeper?

Just forget CIC(and mini open fit HAs) if you need more than 30db gain. BTE HAs are the way to go for anyone with more than a mild hearing loss. Hearing your best is way more important than vainity! My HAs are giving me 70-80db maximum gains and this is without feedback! If this amount of gain isn't enough, youd be a CI candidate or you can wait for stem cells to improve your unaided hearing by 20-40db. Today's best HAs do a great job for losses of up to 100db and an OK job up to 110db if you don't have an extensive cochlear dead region. Forget 120db with HAs, you are probably just pumping all that sound into a dead cochlear zone or a cochlea with no residual hearing other than vibrotactile.

Your link is incomplete. I read in another forum about someone asking about CIC for severe-profound losses. The audiologist replied to him: It's technically possible to get up to 60db gain, however you start getting feedback with more than 30db gain. There's no way around this as it's a limitation of physics with the speaker so close to the microphone. So much for being discreet with a CIC when everyone around you can hear whistling emitting from your ears. Enjoy all the stares and people asking you what the heck is that whistling noise? Is it your cell phone ring tone or a beeper?

Just forget CIC(and mini open fit HAs) if you need more than 30db gain. BTE HAs are the way to go for anyone with more than a mild hearing loss. Hearing your best is way more important than vainity! My HAs are giving me 70-80db maximum gains and this is without feedback! If this amount of gain isn't enough, youd be a CI candidate or you can wait for stem cells to improve your unaided hearing by 20-40db. Today's best HAs do a great job for losses of up to 100db and an OK job up to 110db if you don't have an extensive cochlear dead region. Forget 120db with HAs, you are probably just pumping all that sound into a dead cochlear zone or a cochlea with no residual hearing other than vibrotactile.

I read that few are using this cic power and doing great with them.

They say there is no feedback.

Phonak CIC Power

I'm getting fitted for the Phonak CIC Power tomorrow. Should have it by next week. Its costing me £2800 but its supposed to be great for my level of hearing loss. I have severe hearing loss (75% loss). I currently wear a CIC Phonak despite the fact that I should probably wear a behind-the-ear aid for better gain as I'm really a borderline case with regards to wearing a CIC. I will keep you all informed as to how I find this next generation CIC. Pleased to see that the technology in CIC's seems to be finally moving on.

I'm getting fitted for the Phonak CIC Power tomorrow. Should have it by next week. Its costing me £2800 but its supposed to be great for my level of hearing loss. I have severe hearing loss (75% loss). I currently wear a CIC Phonak despite the fact that I should probably wear a behind-the-ear aid for better gain as I'm really a borderline case with regards to wearing a CIC. I will keep you all informed as to how I find this next generation CIC. Pleased to see that the technology in CIC's seems to be finally moving on.

It will be great to read your updates on this

:aw:

I read that few are using this cic power and doing great with them.

They say there is no feedback.

That I don't believe. From what I read, it's a limitation of physics. You can't have more than 30db gain without feedback in a CIC. If you could, then why don't we see power BTE's with 100db gain so most of us will be able to be aided to 0db then? :hmm:

Just a paen to vanity.............Even folks with severe or even moderate losses can't benifit from CICs or even ITEs.

Surely with CIC you can't take advantage of fm systems, DAI, directional microphones or telecoil, which in my opinion are invaluable if you have severe hearing loss, and are all possible with BTEs.

Back