The new color of money $$$

SeattleDeafGrl said:
Nice design! Money is getting trendy. :D Can't wait see this new 2004 color $20 dollar bill. Althought, it'll come out next year. What do you guys think of this?

It is not going to be out next year. I already saw it yesterday. I am a cashier. It already started from this month.

BullyMoM said:
I tho... I've heard rumours about USA condiser about color dollars.. instead green monies.

No, It's for $20 bill only. You heard from rumor is not a good program.

Also, they only make color for $20bill to reduce the count (forfeited $20 bill) because I have seen so many $20 bills.

Last edited by a moderator:
eternity said:
No, It's for $20 bill only. You heard from rumor is not a good program.

Also, they only make color for $20bill to reduce the count (forfeited $20 bill) because I have seen so many $20 bills.

Actually, they will do the same for other bills too like 50$, etc... They just havent decided on colours etc...

The issuance of the new $20 note will be followed by a new $50 note in 2004 and a new $100 note in 2005. Decisions on new designs for the $5 and $10 notes are still under consideration, but a redesign of the $2 and $1 notes is not planned.

From: http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney/main.cfm/currency/aboutNotes?CFID=761997&CFTOKEN=75508333

I saw this information in a commercial on television. I was like "No Way." LOL

yeah I have some of color bills my mom didn't know til I showed her she went :jaw: lol that was funny moment to see her going damn.. and it started to show a commerical about this 20 bill :mrgreen:

kuifje75 said:
Actually, they will do the same for other bills too like 50$, etc... They just havent decided on colours etc...

The issuance of the new $20 note will be followed by a new $50 note in 2004 and a new $100 note in 2005. Decisions on new designs for the $5 and $10 notes are still under consideration, but a redesign of the $2 and $1 notes is not planned.

From: http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney/main.cfm/currency/aboutNotes?CFID=761997&CFTOKEN=75508333

damn.. $2 bills u mean? they used to be popular long time ago but soon come back? sheesh sure will spend on $2 instead of only $1 bills :rofl:

javapride said:
money is money to me, i see it as another tree being chopped down all in the name of money and its * new * trendy thing.,. BUT its a good color.. thats all my comment will be.

Money is made from cotton, so maybe i'm wrong, but people dont cut down cotton plants, they pick cotton right? Sounds like problem solved, thank you, good night. :)

eternity said:

Ok, the thing i dont understand, its to reduce counterfit bills, but i still see old 20's with the small faces on them, so whats to stop me from still making 1 of them, or even the current large headed bills? Thats what i dont get, if all the old bills are still out there, you can keep making phony old ones, and get away with it.

Megladon said:
Ok, the thing i dont understand, its to reduce counterfit bills, but i still see old 20's with the small faces on them, so whats to stop me from still making 1 of them, or even the current large headed bills? Thats what i dont get, if all the old bills are still out there, you can keep making phony old ones, and get away with it.

well, they'll slowly reduce the old $20 bills.. I got a feeling that when the old 20s goes into financial systems (i.e. federal banks, etc) they will destory those and replace with the new color ones. It'll take years to do that.. and then eventually they may not accept the older ones.

One thing I noticed... I work at cash register at retail.. I haven't seen the older 20s (before they redesigned teh face of it.. remember?)

I still see the old 20 dollar bills and the new non-colored 20 bills.

But, tonight, I saw a pwetty 20 bucks in color for the first time!!

SeattleDeafGrl said:
Nice design! Money is getting trendy. :D Can't wait see this new 2004 color $20 dollar bill. Althought, it'll come out next year. What do you guys think of this?

20.gif

I just got that colored $20.00 bill the other day at the bank (just like the one SeattleDeafGrl shown us)...I thought it was neat (I have no preference on this one or the old design for $20.00).
It has more security in it than the old design (watermarks are more prominent like the "20" changes from green to copper and vice versa).

Nancy

my partner has 1 of those and showed it to me and i was like whoa looks nice with the little subtle colors added in there -- surprised me it was already out NOW not in 2004 even tho its stamped on the money as "2004 series"

I saw the brand new colored 20 bill today. It was awesome!!

I saw the brand new 20$ note tonight. I really thought it was weird having a colourful greenback, but it looked better in real life than on the computer.

Back