The most popular baby names in the US

WhoKnows

Reaction score
According to CNN site..

Interesting to know.

The top 10 for girls in 2005: Emily, Emma, Madison, Abigail, Olivia, Isabella, Hannah, Samantha, Ava and Ashley.

For boys: Jacob, Michael, Joshua, Matthew, Ethan, Andrew, Daniel, Anthony, Christopher and Joseph.

Baby Names

You're right lucky smile. I'm gonna be a grandma in October. We are waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We think it's a boy. Any Suggestions for names?

WhoKnows said:
According to CNN site..

Interesting to know.

The top 10 for girls in 2005: Emily, Emma, Madison, Abigail, Olivia, Isabella, Hannah, Samantha, Ava and Ashley.

For boys: Jacob, Michael, Joshua, Matthew, Ethan, Andrew, Daniel, Anthony, Christopher and Joseph.

My neice name is Emma but we call her emma grace...

My name is uncommon/rare name..and it isnt so popular... :giggle:

WhoKnows said:
According to CNN site..

Interesting to know.

Wow!! My several relatives including me have common names, Emma, Ashley, Samantha, Matthew, Andrew, Daniel, and Christopher.

Aliboo said:
You're right lucky smile. I'm gonna be a grandma in October. We are waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We think it's a boy. Any Suggestions for names?

why dont u look up names on the url posted here.. good luck! :D

http://www.babynames.com/

:) It seems as though a lot of the older, victorian names for boys and girls are coming back into style.

Boys names seem mostly common names that I remember all the time... but the girls names I thought were mostly uncommon. My most recent niece, born 2 months ago, is named Emma, and I have another niece only a year and half old named Madison..... I thought both names were not common and were very nice names. Now I see your post and think 'Wow, those names are so common now?'. Anyways, good post.

I reckon the boys names is much better than the girls although I like the name Olivia. I hate unisex names, ugh.

WhoKnows said:
According to CNN site..

Interesting to know.

Those US names, you gave us here is not common in Europe... :D

I pick Danny and Alan for my both boys because those names are not common in Germany... My both sons are happy because their names are something differently :D

Here in Germany common name:

Florian
Tobias
Christoph
Lisa
Lena
Tina

Germans neglect old fashioned names more and more to new fashion names after WWII

Canada's the most popluar baby names....
Top 100 baby name for girls

Top 100 baby names for boys

I don't like it..

Sumth'n different rare name... likely
Tasha
Riker
That our two children..

Espically my older son is boring name "Michael" reason My parent recommend me best baby boy name Michael reason easy to speak..
I realized I should have not listen my parent first place.. I should have given name my son Maverick pete-mitchell (last name)

but turn it out given name Michael.. Oh well..

btw my older son likes Mike instead michael.

(chuckles)

Back