The Most Colorful River in the World

I wonder if we can swim there.

Apparently not. There are four authorized paths for visitors, and no one can cook or stay overnight for fear of damaging the locale. It IS a beauty, eh?

As beautiful as it is of and by itself, no one in their right mind would wanna swim in that "pea soup".

BEAUTIFUL. I know I must visit South America someday, not by myself, with my lucky girl, someday. :)

You saying you'd jump in if allowed? :shock: Ewwwww...go to one of your local lakes in late August (or during "dog days of summer") and have at it! :P

Lol, done that. I don't think the river is poisonous, though. I have a feeling the mosses and algae keep the water clean, but I am not sure, though. :)

Lol, done that. I don't think the river is poisonous, though. I have a feeling the mosses and algae keep the water clean, but I am not sure, though. :)

In a river, you might be right about that but on a southern Minnesota lake in the shallows in late August, yuckeroo!

If the river in South America are so beautiful with beautiful mosses and algaes. One question is "Do the river have pindhas (not sure of spelling) which there are fishes that bite and eat people or animals when people or animals were swimming in the river?". :Ohno: I think I would rather look at the river with clean water and colorful mosses and algaes. I think I am going to stay here and not go down to visit South America rivers. :eek2:

Stunning pics! I wouldnt want to swim in it because it would be very very slippery with all that algae.

Back