The mentalist

JamieLynn

Reaction score
I recently discovered a "new" TV Series here... and the title is THE MENTALIST! God was I surprised when I saw Simon Baker playing in it... :giggle: Obviously I was instantly interested...

The first season just ended and I've only seen like 6 episodes... :( But I already ordered the DVDs to catch up.

Is anybody else watching it? I'm definitely hooked!!!!!!!! :D

I watch this show once a while because I often forgot to watch it. Oh well. He is good, but he is somewhat a little troublemaker.

ha. i only like his sneaky character but the whole show is just ok. I wonder what if he dyes his dark hair look like. :hmm:

I watch it. But only because my husband likes it.

I watch this show once a while because I often forgot to watch it. Oh well. He is good, but he is somewhat a little troublemaker.

I like Simon Baker's character... he's troublemaker and he's got the charm (his smile) which he uses to get out of his troubles :D He's very sneaky and nosey and too good looking for his own good ;) (just my POV)

ha. i only like his sneaky character but the whole show is just ok. I wonder what if he dyes his dark hair look like. :hmm:

I'm definitely not a woman fainting for blond guys, but Simon Baker definitely does it for me. And I think I wouldn't like it if his hair were to be dark... :shrug: Maybe they could use it for an episode to see what it's like :giggle:

I watch it. But only because my husband likes it.

Do you have a clue why your husband likes it?

I'm definitely not a woman fainting for blond guys, but Simon Baker definitely does it for me. And I think I wouldn't like it if his hair were to be dark... :shrug: Maybe they could use it for an episode to see what it's like :giggle:

Me too. indeed he's cutie. He got a nice body. he got a nice smile. lol. And he has three kiddos.

Copy/paste of imdb.com:

A team of the Californian Bureau of Investigation (CBI) may officially be lead by haughty agent Lisbon. However, her mediocre intelligence and methods by the book are no match for 'mentalist' Patrick Jane. Formally, the ex-medium-hustler is just a police consultant. In fact the detectives soon learn to look to him for ever brilliant and surprising observations, deductions, ploys and traps. No criminal ever outsmarts Jane - except perhaps Red John, who unwillingly motivated Patrick to start fighting crime.

Oh I looked it up already but was hoping to hear from people who watch it. :ty: JamieLynn. :)

Oh ok... Well I watched it, but only 6 episodes so far (the last six epis from season 1). So I ordered the entire season right away *smile*

I kinda like Simon Baker so I'd probably be addicted to anything he is in. *giggle* Sometimes an episode is good, sometimes it's "boring". What I like most is the humorical side of the show and I have always had a thing for mental stuff... people who can read other people without even speaking or knowing them...

Simon Baker plays the poor guy whose daughter and wife have been killed by Red John (remember I haven't seen the beginning yet) and somehow he ends up with the CBI. I definitely liked the cliffhanger at the end of the first season (about mysterious Red John). Jane (Simon) would chase him till the end of the world to revenge the death of his beloved one. But then there's also attractive Lisbon (Jane's boss) whom we (as viewer) know are into each other without knowing it LOLOL...

I can't tell you much more but maybe I could give you little more once I get the DVD and watch them *wink*

Oh ok... Well I watched it, but only 6 episodes so far (the last six epis from season 1). So I ordered the entire season right away *smile*

I kinda like Simon Baker so I'd probably be addicted to anything he is in. *giggle* Sometimes an episode is good, sometimes it's "boring". What I like most is the humorical side of the show and I have always had a thing for mental stuff... people who can read other people without even speaking or knowing them...

Simon Baker plays the poor guy whose daughter and wife have been killed by Red John (remember I haven't seen the beginning yet) and somehow he ends up with the CBI. I definitely liked the cliffhanger at the end of the first season (about mysterious Red John). Jane (Simon) would chase him till the end of the world to revenge the death of his beloved one. But then there's also attractive Lisbon (Jane's boss) whom we (as viewer) know are into each other without knowing it LOLOL...

I can't tell you much more but maybe I could give you little more once I get the DVD and watch them *wink*

Sounds like it would be interesting for people interested in psychology and sociology and other human sciences.

Sounds like it would be interesting for people interested in psychology and sociology and other human sciences.

I think each person should decide for themselves... *wave* After all it's still a criminal series...

BTW I got the DVDs... so gonna catch up over the weekend *smile*

Back