The Making of a Word: Audism ...And More

^Angel^ said:
Okay, then my question to you is why would you call me one 15 years ago?...

The easy answer is that there was no ADA era at that time... :whistle:

The definition by the creator says that deaf people can be Audist's too. Do you think folks in the deaf community would agree?

YES very much that goes with deaf oralism with a very negative attitude about our true language of ASL and our hands to communicate on both sides.

Oral speaking is not the answer for all of us deafies because it s always leading into a big misunderstanding as usual. Miss out so much even we wear those devices or have our speech impairment that doesnt speak perfectly as usual. We do have a deaf voice that will make hearing people recongized us being deaf as is..

Those people with a very negative attitude thinks they know it all that turns me off since some of latened deaf, deaf oralism and hearing people are being so self centered as usual.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Rockdrummer,

Do you support AGB (Alexander Graham Bell)'s oral methods including no marriage between Deafies and forbiden sign language methods?

(A hearie who responses "Yes" then he/she is a AUDIST! If the deafie answers, too then he/she is DUT.)

Ha ha! thats good one. It s so true about this statement of yours..

Some deaf oralist kept saying it s better hearing than deaf which is that their audist attitude showed me. I disagree with that because many deafies and hearies are failed each other because of communication itself has been affected their life. Unless Hearing people understand about deaf ppl s thinking, deaf culture, their needs, and many others that wouldnt be a problem at all..

Hearing people must accept us deafies fully that would have a wonderful relationship.. Whats more I have seen some hearing people gave up the marriage with deaf people because they couldnt handle it anymore.

Thanks!
Sweetmind

You remind me so much of "those deaf who stick in their little world" who have their own language, values, rules of behavior, its pride and it's own perspective, who don't want any socialization with other people out in the society. As I know there are some Deaf people who passed out those ASL Sign language cards as a job to collect money off of people, refused to even work, think that they cannot do anything because they're special, they're deaf, has a name for everyone they dislike, example Oralism, Mainstream, Total communication, and even hearing people.

Cheri,
Sure this will be the last relpy I make for LMM. but she wants you to know, Something about YOUR smart remark about Deaf people!
Frist LMM don't sit on street corner's passing out cards! Up untill 12 years ago she had a very well paying job. She don't want to socialate with people [as you so call yourself] that's her choice!
Yes, She's very Proud to be part of the Deaf Community! She have competed
more then most people have in their life-time. I guarantee it wasn't because she sat around feelling pity for herself!
Yes there's few people on this board, that know LMM personaly. Have meet her many times. Know she's very Proud who she is! What she have done.
A friend of her's is a hearing person. He's taking class to help Deaf/deaf/hoh/ hearing gap the two worlds. He & his co-worker's, Train terp's for Deaf who's only language is ASL! It's a shame LMM say that he don't even post for awhile. Yes , he vist the board. Maybe his co-workers have taught him more. LMM know's he's learning from the BEST! His co-workers are Deaf. Involved in the Deaf Community!
When LMM frist meeted him. She thought," Ok I give him a chance." because the person he took over try to change the Deaf! Yes, he had to prove that he wasn't going to make the same mistake the last hearing did! Yes, She thank's him & his co-workers for the super job they do for her & other's.She understand's the dedication & devotion they have provide to our Deaf Community!
Now LMM will go back to her Pride World!

I don't think it is nice to label people, Let's be nice. All hearies aren't that bad like the ones we experience in our path of life, But, give the rest of the hearies who aren't like the other hearies a break.

Oh yea , cheri! Look at this real world how people treat deaf people bad for many many years. We are not allowed to use our hands all those years. THey have no right to do this to us deafies if you mind.

Hearing people have no respect for us for a long long time. Also they are still using too many degrade labels toward us deafies. Where have you been? JEEZ!

We have the right to use that term that tells the truth for what happens to us by hearing people in this society. sighs!

Hearing people need to change their attitude and leave us alone that we are doing fine without their requirement to make us to hear and speak only.. Scoffs!

Mind you!
Sweetmind

LMM,

I did not say "all Deaf people" remember that, If you re-read my post again I stated "I know there are some Deaf people who passed out those ASL Sign language cards as a job to collect money off of people, refused to even work, think that they cannot do anything because they're special, they're deaf, has a name for everyone they dislike, example Oralism, Mainstream, Total communication, and even hearing people.

You remind me so much of "those deaf who stick in their little world" who have their own language, values, rules of behavior, its pride and it's own perspective, who don't want any socialization with other people out in the society. As I know there are some Deaf people who passed out those ASL Sign language cards as a job to collect money off of people, refused to even work, think that they cannot do anything because they're special, they're deaf, has a name for everyone they dislike, example Oralism, Mainstream, Total communication, and even hearing people.

Many of those terms that u have mentioned that you dont even realized hearing people have no respect our ASL in the past years. So they are very self centered and made money out on us after all it s still failure for many deafies in many ways.. So what s your point to kiss their arses for not having a great attitude toward us?

Mind ya! Many of us deafies live in this society that is surrounded by hearing people who doesnt have any manners or respect us and our needs. Left us out all the time at home with no signings. SCOFFS! Or not hiring a good job with our college degree. So what s your point? Their attitude is still STINKS.

NO more excuses for them not to learn ASL. they cant cant or they are too lazy to learn that they think it isnt important for deaf children s needs. They have no motivation to learn ASL that is NO excuses.. It should be done for deaf children s sake first. How dare you think we are isolated into Deaf community only? You are not telling the truth as far as we did our job to learn how to speak but they refused to have ASL in our lives. Scoffs!

FORCED us to hear and speak for their sake. SCOFFS!

Thats totally of AUDISt ATTITUDE from those people who doesnt give a damn about our needs and our rights. MIND YOU!

They get away with it too many times and laughed at us..SCOFFS!

Thank you!
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
Oh yea , cheri! Look at this real world how people treat deaf people bad for many many years. We are not allowed to use our hands all those years. THey have no right to do this to us deafies if you mind.

I know that, Sweetmind, but not all hearing people are bad apples.

Hearing people have no respect for us for a long long time. Also they are still using too many degrade labels toward us deafies. Where have you been? JEEZ!

I've been around, There are bad apples and there are good apples, Hearing people are getting more interesting in the Deaf than it was centuries ago. Why do you think there are ASL classes every where that anyone could take, I know they are teaching ASL at public schools now as well.

We have the right to use that term that tells the truth for what happens to us by hearing people in this society. sighs!

You are angry at the fact that what had happened to you before can happen to you again in the present and the future, Come on, forget the past, live the present and the future.

Hearing people need to change their attitude and leave us alone that we are doing fine without their requirement to make us to hear and speak only.. Scoffs!

Who are the hearing people that force you to speak and hear?

You remind me so much of "those deaf who stick in their little world" who have their own language, values, rules of behavior, its pride and it's own
Cheri
You mention people in the Deaf Community! Stick in their littel world who have their own Language [which bymeans is ASL!] values,rules. This is the Deaf Community for your information!
If someone have to sell card's art or anything esle to make a living that's their choice Not YOURS!

did i say ALL hearing people?? HELL NO! I m talking about audist attitude people if you mind. thank you!

You are angry at the fact that what had happened to you before can happen to you again in the present and the future, Come on, forget the past, live the present and the future.

Of course I m still angry cuz they re still conform those d/Deaf chlidren into a hearing person and forbids them to learn ASL when they were a very little baby.. SHEESH! It has not change a bit.

Thats audist attitude like CLOGGY s negative attitude.. Kiss his arses anytime u want but I will never kiss anyone s arses. He thinks his child is hearing because of CI itself SCOFFS!

It must have ORAL METHOD ONLY as usual that s still happens today.. Also they are trying to keep or split deaf children from other deaf children.. OH PLEASE that makes me furious that they think they have the right to do that.. That reminds me of HILTER S behaviors.

Scoffs! you dont know nothing out there that I have seen so many things that has not changed..

LMM said:
Cheri
You mention people in the Deaf Community! Stick in their littel world who have their own Language [which bymeans is ASL!] values,rules. This is the Deaf Community for your information!
If someone have to sell card's art or anything esle to make a living that's their choice Not YOURS!

My goodness You cannot read my entire post, I made it perfect clear, And If I'm speaking of the whole Deaf community that would included me too wouldn't it? Because I'm deaf also and know ASL. Thank-you ;)

I don't want those Deaf people who comes in my community, in my town selling those ABC ASL cards, It's embarrassment, It tells the hearing people how lazy Deaf people are, We are not lazy, Just because we cannot hear, that doesn't mean we can't find jobs, be independence.

I don't want those Deaf people who comes in my community, in my town selling those ABC ASL cards, It's embarrassment, It tells the hearing people how lazy Deaf people are, We are not lazy, Just because we cannot hear, that doesn't mean we can't find jobs, be independence.

Why pinpointing at deaf people only?? There are hearing people did this too. MIND YOU!

Tell me why ppl do sell the drugs ?? Tell me why hearing people sell abc cards. They are coming from low class and very poor that they need money to eat and many other reason.. It s tough to live in this society in many ways.. I have seen government doesnt care for many people in usa after all they spent all money on WARS.. So tell him off first before others.

Why pinpointing at deaf people only?? There are hearing people did this too. MIND YOU!

Tell me why ppl do sell the drugs ?? Tell me why hearing people sell abc cards. They are coming from low class and very poor that they need money to eat and many other reasons.. It s tough to live in this society in many ways.. I have seen government doesnt care for many people in usa after all they spent all money on WARS.. So tell him off first before others.

Sweetmind said:
YES very much that goes with deaf oralism with a very negative attitude about our true language of ASL and our hands to communicate on both sides.

Oral speaking is not the answer for all of us deafies because it s always leading into a big misunderstanding as usual. Miss out so much even we wear those devices or have our speech impairment that doesnt speak perfectly as usual. We do have a deaf voice that will make hearing people recongized us being deaf as is..

Those people with a very negative attitude thinks they know it all that turns me off since some of latened deaf, deaf oralism and hearing people are being so self centered as usual.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

What attitude would that be? we're not the one who having this negative attitude by labeling others with such a name as " AUDIST " ... :dunno:

Sweetmind said:
dumb question u asked me that.. sighs! you know the answer. NO more denial

I'm sorry I don't see it as a dumb question since I don't get what's with all these negitive attitudes that I'm seeing in this thread...

Sweetmind said:
Why pinpointing at deaf people only?? There are hearing people did this too. MIND YOU!.

I didn't know that hearing people do that too, Because, when I see them selling those ABC ASL cards, I signed to them, they signed to me back, they stated that "they can't get a job because they are deaf, deaf people don't work," I said is that so? I am deaf and I have a job! They said nothing after that, looks like a frog got stuck between their throat. :whistle:

Cheri said:
My goodness You cannot read my entire post, I made it perfect clear, And If I'm speaking of the whole Deaf community that would included me too wouldn't it? Because I'm deaf also and know ASL. Thank-you ;)

Amen you go sis!! :cheers:

You are not making any sense.. I didnt say it s you personally.. but some of people in all deaf do have a huge audist attitude.. They always attacked Deaf people like me because we know the truth and know whats the best interest for those d/Deaf children's needs.

Thats audist attitude and immature like a pitbull from them.

Sweetmind said:
You are not making any sense.. I didnt say it s you personally.. but some of people in all deaf do have a huge audist attitude.. They always attacked Deaf people like me because we know the truth and know whats the best interest for those d/Deaf children's needs.

Thats audist attitude and immature like a pitbull from them.

What truth would that be?....And the only attitudes I see is how some deaf people approach others by labeling them such a name...

And you think most parents out there do not know what the best interest for their OWN children? why is it your place to tell us how to raise our deaf children?

Back