The "Low-Carb" Scam

Why am I not surprised?

Most people simply don't understand the diet itself. That's why it's easy to fool people into buying their rip-off products.

Just another one of these quick buck schemes.

Yeah, I don't really go for those specialized foods except real food like salads, vegetables, and various meats.

I know that I for one am getting tired of all the craziness of all the fast food places coming up with low carb foods! I eat carbs on top of carbs all the time, but I am still able to stay slim! Why?? Cuz I do it in MODERATION. That's how people are supposed to do it. Eat to live, not live to eat. Eating in moderation helped me to shed off those extra 5 lbs i gained over the holidays.

Last edited:
whitedove said:
I know that I for one am getting tired of all the craziness of all the fast food places coming up with low carb foods! I eat carbs on top of carbs all the time, but I am still able to stay slim! Why?? Cuz I do it in MODERATION. That's how people are supposed to do it. Eat to live, not live to eat. Eating in moderation helped me to shed off those extra 5 lbs i gained over the holidays.
Yeah, im leery of this low carb diet too...you are right, moderation is the key so is the exercise! I cant eat all that meat all the time, ugh! id get sick of it.
some days, i dont eat meat at all but some boiled eggs for protein..
I am sick of this Atkins diet and low carb advertising on tv...it is misleading the public really.....

I once tried the Atkins diet back in high school cuz I wanted to lose like 10 lbs. Let me tell u...I was MISERABLE. I craved sugar so badly. I was getting so tired of eating just meat and cheese all the time, and every single day I felt like I was going on a scavenger hunt for ANY sweet things that I could eat that didn't have carbs. It was horrible. Anyone who goes on the Atkins diet and loses a bunch of weight ALWAYS gains it back. So yeah the best thing to do is change ur way of eating, learn how to eat in moderation. It isn't that hard at all, really. Dieting, NOW that is hard to do, cuz u're limiting urself to certain foods, etc. But with eating in moderation, u're able to eat anything u want to. :)

deadbeat companies want to make more money from people trying to lose off weight....scam is everywhere...AHHH!!!

Now Slimfast company is changing theirs...their slim fast drinks are now "low carb" ...bullshyt! Its also misleading!......everything is now "low carb"..im sick of it!!!!

As I told others many time to steer clear from ANY kind of products that isn't natural. Real natural or organic diet is fine as long as low or moderate-carb diet.

Christo, the researches said that high-carb caused huge numbers of heart attacks and many more health problems. Again, as long as it is natural organic high-protein diet.. it CANNOT cause you any strokes, sad thing is that they consumed the antibotics, growth-hormones, many chemicals in non-organic meats.. so of course it will cause any KIND of health problems eventually...

Christo said:
I saw news that low carb may cause stroke, that's what I saw on news :dunno:

Eat too much eat in your body which is not good due to fatty and red meat. It make your blood vesal become thicker. It would lead into stroke. I do not eat red meat very much.

Low-carb diets is usually best for helping you get to the beginning of your lifestyle. Suppose you want to work out and get in shape. That's harder to do when you're overweight. It would be a good idea to use the low-carb diet to help you lose weight enough to get you started on the workout plan. After you get on the workout plan, then you can slowly get off the low-carb diet.

It is not a scam ..it is just that some people take it to EXTREME that is causing problems.

I have been on a low carb program for years because it really helps with my energy and weight. Whenever I eat bread or pasta, I immediately become tired or lethagic.

It is not recommended to eat so much red meat..there are many other lower fat noncarb foods such as cottage cheese, mozzarella sticks, hummus, chicken, and so on.

We have too much processed food in this country and it is causing obesity.

Unnnhh! I'd recommend you guys to go on the South Beach diet, it was created by a cardiologist trying to reduce the risk of heart attack/strokes in Miami, Florida (hence the name South Beach). He tried to encourage his patients to go low-carb & SUGAR FREE for the first 2 weeks to drop the weight & for the blood chemical to become normal and then in phase 2, his patients had to reintroduce themselves to GOOD carbs, but in STRICT moderation, NO WHITE FLOUR ALLOWED! Then phase 3, you're on your own, and you're eating healthy and in moderation.

Back