The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the pleasure of holding a ferret for the first time in my life, that was a stinkin' cute feller! Too bad they're actually illegal in California, sigh.

Had the pleasure of holding a ferret for the first time in my life, that was a stinkin' cute feller! Too bad they're actually illegal in California, sigh.

and in Massachusetts too. they classified it as rodents :roll:

Domestic ferrets are great. They can't survive in the wild. The reasoning behind banning them is they think the will form colonies and ruin the ecosystem. They can't.

There is a big movement in California to legalize them.

Domestic ferrets are great. They can't survive in the wild. The reasoning behind banning them is they think the will form colonies and ruin the ecosystem. They can't.

I've been waiting for the ban to be removed ever since I watched Conan the Barbarian :giggle:

That little feller thought he was a cat and spent the majority of the night wrestling with three felines, it melted my heart! Aww

Actually...

They're afraid of them hybridizing with the local weasal populations like how they corssbred with stoats in New Zealand. The ferrets can't survive, but the hybrids can.

Actually...

They're afraid of them hybridizing with the local weasal populations like how they corssbred with stoats in New Zealand.

that's one of the reasons. the biggest reason was the fear of ferret disrupting the ecosystem and rare species like birds

and in Massachusetts too. they classified it as rodents :roll:

Actually...

They're afraid of them hybridizing with the local weasal populations like how they corssbred with stoats in New Zealand.
They are almost all neutered.

And if not what would happen? If the hybridized, they would form colonies, as I said they are afraid of.

But it is an almost impossible occurance. And if you have an unneutered ferret, I would hate to smell your home. They are a skunk relative and the musk smell is gross.

Even my ferret I bathed once or twice a week.

They are almost all neutered.

And if not what would happen? If the hybridized, they would form colonies, as I said they are afraid of.

But it is an almost impossible occurance. And if you have an unneutered ferret, I would hate to smell your home. They are a skunk relative and the musk smell is gross.

Even my ferret I bathed once or twice a week.

I know where to get un-neutered ferrets. I know people that want them because thehy don't support MArshall Farms and other major breeders. They support local breeders, then neuter them themselves.

that's one of the reasons. the biggest reason was the fear of ferret disrupting the ecosystem and rare species like birds

From an environmentalist point of view, if they hybridize, one of the ferret genes could give the wild weasel population a significant advantage over their prey.

Ever noticed how big ferrets are compared to their wild family members?

From an environmentalist point of view, if they hybridize, one of the ferret genes could give the wild weasel population a significant advantage over their prey.

Ever noticed how big ferrets are compared to their wild family members?

nO, Black Footed Ferret is considerably larger I believe.

I know where to get un-neutered ferrets. I know people that want them because thehy don't support MArshall Farms and other major breeders. They support local breeders, then neuter them themselves.

I am very aware. I earn my money working with animals. Hopefully these people do neuter them.

It is healthier, safer, and not danger of inbreeding if some idiot lets it go.

And also far less aggresive.

Already legal here in WA state. :) I have petted a few of them here...saw some in Utah when I lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back