The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the gals who have lost weight!! I don't own a weight scale anymore but I think I lost quite a bit of weight due to my clothes literally falling off me. Oops!

I am SO THRILLED..weighed myself for the first time since Sept. I have lost a total of 30 lbs since July..finally! today is a half day at work and then my family including my brother and his date are going to my friends for a Deaf Thanksgiving gathering tonight. It should be lots of fun! :)

Shel - congrats!! I too am down 30 pounds since June of this year, but I have another 80 to go. I was lucky like Lake Tahoe with losing all of the preggy weight and then some after giving birth, but not working for a while while the kiddos were little really packed on the pounds. I had gained 95 during a 5 year period and hadn't tried to get them off.

I will try to be good tomorrow since I don't really like turkey and the fixings, but MIL is just too demanding. One thing in my favor, when I get stressed out, I can't eat. My mother is driving me batty today, therefore I am skipping dinner. I'm ready to send her back to Missouri where my brother can deal with her, but he would just put her into a nursing home. Her dementia is driving me nuts and the doctor doesn't want to do anything right now. He advised me to find ways to relieve the stress. Most medicines she could get will not work since she has Hepatitis C and the Cirrohsis of the Liver has already started due to the Hep C.

I am SO THRILLED..weighed myself for the first time since Sept. I have lost a total of 30 lbs since July..finally! today is a half day at work and then my family including my brother and his date are going to my friends for a Deaf Thanksgiving gathering tonight. It should be lots of fun! :)

Oh wow! Congratulations, Shel! All that hard work has certainly paid off! I've lost a little over 10 pounds since September... I would rather higher results, but these things don't come easy. :(

Shel, congratulations! Remember, that pic we are suppose to pin up in the hottest girl section or something like that:giggle:

:hmm: Well, I just want to say I have noticed this much more often than you have , and it upset me more. So it is worse for me when people do that, and I must need the psychologist more than you.............:dizzy: :giggle:

:cool2: And ah! Excuse me,but dont you think that all people have the right to express there feelings anyway they feel like. I agree some people really are obnoxious on social networking site's but hey I will defend anyone's right to free speech. If you dont agree to that then you should find a country where speech is limited to what the Government want to hear,only. Leave 'em alone and let them speak there mind's. Psycologist in-deed!!!:giggle:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
ENJOY THE DAY AND I KNOW one thing I am thankful for: ALL OF YOU!!! :grouphug:

I'm happy to say about the exams is finally over! :D

Shel - congrats!! I too am down 30 pounds since June of this year, but I have another 80 to go. I was lucky like Lake Tahoe with losing all of the preggy weight and then some after giving birth, but not working for a while while the kiddos were little really packed on the pounds. I had gained 95 during a 5 year period and hadn't tried to get them off.

I will try to be good tomorrow since I don't really like turkey and the fixings, but MIL is just too demanding. One thing in my favor, when I get stressed out, I can't eat. My mother is driving me batty today, therefore I am skipping dinner. I'm ready to send her back to Missouri where my brother can deal with her, but he would just put her into a nursing home. Her dementia is driving me nuts and the doctor doesn't want to do anything right now. He advised me to find ways to relieve the stress. Most medicines she could get will not work since she has Hepatitis C and the Cirrohsis of the Liver has already started due to the Hep C.

Thanks!

Congrats to yourself too! I still have another 40 lbs to go. THAT will be harder as I get closer to my weight goal.

I plan on pigging out today and then working out hard tmw! Ha!

I am sorry about having to deal with your mother. I am sure I will have to go through that and take care of my mom when she is too old to take care of herself. My mom is still only 55 years old so she is young. *knock on wood*

Hang in there! :hug:

Oh wow! Congratulations, Shel! All that hard work has certainly paid off! I've lost a little over 10 pounds since September... I would rather higher results, but these things don't come easy. :(

Thanks! Still got 40 more to go. You are right..it is NOT easy to lose weight but easy to gain. I wish it was vice versa..aaaahh!

yeah thanksgiving is a good reason to gain a few pounds then it will go off after a week.

40 more to go, you can do it. from what i see that you are doing it very slowly which is a good sign of losing more weight soon. Importantly you feel good now. congrats.

Thanks! At my age, it will go slow! GRRR! lol

Shel, congratulations! Remember, that pic we are suppose to pin up in the hottest girl section or something like that:giggle:

Oh right...I need to get a pic of myself taken. Thanks!

Yeah,but would'nt it be great to hear. just to listen to music so loud and hear every nuance. I wish you could just hear it once.:wave:

I have heard it myself and at times it's nothing worth hearing. I'm much happier not being able to hear some of the garbage that's out there these days. I do miss music, just specific kinds. I am also finding more to appreciate with my other senses. Hearing is NOT everything.

I got my marks today. So far I have a 92% average this semester. :) Buuut, I also have a 94% university average so far (the average of the courses that matter when applying to university). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back