The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soup sounds sooo boring. How about you order in Chinese and leave the soup to the pooches? :P

That's a thought. Or I might go out to the mall and eat in the food court if I feel really adventurous.

I can make this pencil... disappear..
TADAA!!! It's.. gone!

PS. Chinese food is good and healthy. Except that fried stuff, they drench in oil like Panda's orange chicken.

Chinese food is my favorite and they have it at the mall so I could get a little exercise.

You guys ever tried General Tso's chicken?
Sorry if any tummies rumble. It's time!
general_tsos_chicken.jpg

You guys ever tried General Tso's chicken?

Don't like it.

I like, Mongolian Beef, Orange Beef, Shrimp with Pea-pods, Shrimp fried rice, Moo Goo Gai Pan.

I think I am mostly influenced by most Chinese restauarants being Cantonese when I was little.

Those are pretty good too, Mongolian (menggu) Beef (nee-o roh) is one of my top dishes that I order at restaurants as well. Shrimp is also one of my delicacies, but call me americanized when I prefer my shrimp peeled already. I don't know why I hate peeling shrimp and removing their heads like my kin do.

Speaking of Beef and BBQ.. nothing tops fresh real korean marinated beef (bulgogi) bbq'ed self served. Wrap it inside a full fresh lettuce leaf, throw some extra toppings in there. You've got yourself a good treat in your hands.

General Tso's, yummy! Soooo good but soooo fattening!! :doh:

That's alot of time busting my butt on the treadmill to work that meal off.

I don't know why but some asians have like super metabolism. I weight about 140-150lbs for 5"11-6" (about 67-68kg) and have been at this ever since high school. I can withstand a lot of the meaty dishes but my weight never seems to fluctuate much higher. granted I do work out on a constant basis, but mostly it seems that our bodies have "adapted" to the food intake.

call it a mutated strain of our eukaryotic body cells.. in sense we also seem to tire of our foods at times.

I don't know why but some asians have like super metabolism.

How very fortunate for you. I'm black and i've got the metabolism of a blue whale. :P I have to fight to keep each and every pound off or i wouldn't be able to fit in the door.

Disclaimer: not all black people have ultra-slow metabolisms. Just so happens that my family does. Genetics. :roll:

Haha, was about to ponder on that for a second. Some of them seem to remain constant, like Jordan after retirement, Chris Rock & Gary Payton. But look at Charles Barkley, he's put on some weight fo sho'. Gotta be the genetics.

Haha, was about to ponder on that for a second. Some of them seem to remain constant, like Jordan after retirement, Chris Rock & Gary Payton. But look at Charles Barkley, he's put on some weight fo sho'. Gotta be the genetics.

But think about it though: Jordan and Barkley were both pro ball players, active all the time. When they retired they stopped playing ball, hence stopped being active. The weight's naturally going to come. In that case, genetics has nothing to do with it and everything to do with a decrease in activity.

Hmm, you are right. Slowdown in physical activity will definitely lead you to how you eat and how it shapes your body. But for the most part, this seems to affect not just the blacks, but everyone eh?

Hmm, you are right. Slowdown in physical activity will definitely lead you to how you eat and how it shapes your body. But for the most part, this seems to affect not just the blacks, but everyone eh?

One side of my relatives are Irish. They are almost all heavy people with low metabolism.

So it definitely affects some strains of Irish.

urg you eastern time people. i still have 45 minutes to suffer through, and NOTHING left to do!

It's 5 pm and i am officially outta here! :D Talk to you guys later.
see ya next time.

One side of my relatives are Irish. They are almost all heavy people with low metabolism.

So it definitely affects some strains of Irish.
That's true.. have you ever noticed old asian people? Some come in round and plump sizes.. then there's the Pat Morita types that look all slim and slinky.

urg you eastern time people. i still have 45 minutes to suffer through, and NOTHING left to do!
We're behind you buddy. I'm PST, and workers still have 2 hours and 30 before the big 5-0. But anything you wanna gabber on, I'm game.

Don't like it.

I like, Mongolian Beef, Orange Beef, Shrimp with Pea-pods, Shrimp fried rice, Moo Goo Gai Pan.

I think I am mostly influenced by most Chinese restauarants being Cantonese when I was little.

try some REAL chinese food! :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back