The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend calls it P.O.D. (Pussah-on-Demand). I know... very demeaning :mad2:

Oh, well then, your friend has a different situation entirely. I don't respond well to demands. I prefer begging.:giggle:

And you might keep in mind, I get just as much benefit as he does.:lol: If I didn't, it wouldn't have been happening.:giggle:

Oh, well then, your friend has a different situation entirely. I don't respond well to demands. I prefer begging.:giggle:

And you might keep in mind, I get just as much benefit as he does.:lol: If I didn't, it wouldn't have been happening.:giggle:

:lol:

:laugh2: He travels a lot for business purpose so he has multiple "P.O.D." in each cities.. including oversea. Just had a lunch with him last week and that's what he told me. I was :ugh: because I don't want to catch what he may have caught.

at your #2 - really? Your English is P-E-R-F-E-C-T. I didn't even know you're a French living in Paris (btw - I did enjoy Paris very very much)

My English is not as perfect as you say because I still make mistakes :Oops: And sometimes, I don't find the right expression in English :Oops: (for example for the expression "trainer en longueur", in the word per word "to drag in lenght", but I don't know how to translate it in English)

forgive me but I have to ask. Why do you care about what your mother does? I mean... you're an adult and you have your kids & husband... thus you have an obligation. But your mom does not have "children" anymore so she's free to do whatever she wants. Since you call her a crazy, horrid selfish cow.... what happened? a short 1-sentence summary will suffice for me :cool2:

My 'mother' has a husband that she is stringing along after 23 years of marriage and she keeps telling him that she'll come back to him but instead is acting like a 16 year old. My brother still lives at home. She doesn't care how this affects him

She also gets upset when my children spent time with their grandmother (husbands mom) ranting about how I never give her time with them. Just because I'm grown up doesn't mean she's not my mother and doesn't give her a right to jerk my stepfather and family around like she does.

If she wants to see her grandkids like she does she needs to stop acting so immaturely. There is no way I'd leave my kids with her the way she currently acts

:laugh2: He travels a lot for business purpose so he has multiple "P.O.D." in each cities.. including oversea. Just had a lunch with him last week and that's what he told me. I was :ugh: because I don't want to catch what he may have caught.

Yep, you never know what he may be bringing back!:giggle: Some souvenirs you just don't want.

My 'mother' has a husband that she is stringing along after 23 years of marriage and she keeps telling him that she'll come back to him but instead is acting like a 16 year old. My brother still lives at home. She doesn't care how this affects him

She also gets upset when my children spent time with their grandmother (husbands mom) ranting about how I never give her time with them. Just because I'm grown up doesn't mean she's not my mother and doesn't give her a right to jerk my stepfather and family around like she does.

If she wants to see her grandkids like she does she needs to stop acting so immaturely. There is no way I'd leave my kids with her the way she currently acts

Sounds like you learned a lot from her.

ooooohhhh. Now I understand. :ty: for sharing. yike... I don't fully know the detail but I'll just throw it out there. When your mom acts like that... I call it mid-life crisis or something... because she had to give up SO MUCH of her life just to be a mother/housewife. Now that everybody's all grown-up... her responsibility has be reduced and she gets to do whatever she wants. :dunno:

Couple of my friends' mothers did same. Free as the bird but because of that - the fathers get depressed and lonely at home. oh well.........

Sounds like you learned a lot from her.

That is uncalled for. I've never done anything to you. I as simply answering someone's question about why I'm upset that she ran off to California without telling anyone. She told my dad over the phone on her way to the airport

That is uncalled for. I've never done anything to you. I as simply answering someone's question about why I'm upset that she ran off to California without telling anyone. She told my dad over the phone on her way to the airport

Bet your mom would think your sentiments uncalled for.

ooooohhhh. Now I understand. :ty: for sharing. yike... I don't fully know the detail but I'll just throw it out there. When your mom acts like that... I call it mid-life crisis or something... because she had to give up SO MUCH of her life just to be a mother/housewife. Now that everybody's all grown-up... her responsibility has be reduced and she gets to do whatever she wants. :dunno:

Couple of my friends' mothers did same. Free as the bird but because of that - the fathers get depressed and lonely at home. oh well.........

Yeah we've been hoping it was a midlife crisis. But she's been a bit off for quite a while. She saw a therapist for a while who was thinking Schizophrenic. But if she doesn't continue to get help and take meds I don't think she's ever going to be back to who she used to be. My dad is so hopeful that she's going to come back to him but I don't think she's going to :( He deserves better then that

Yeah we've been hoping it was a midlife crisis. But she's been a bit off for quite a while. She saw a therapist for a while who was thinking Schizophrenic. But if she doesn't continue to get help and take meds I don't think she's ever going to be back to who she used to be. My dad is so hopeful that she's going to come back to him but I don't think she's going to :( He deserves better then that

Just a suggestion...if she has been diagnosed with scizophrenia and is medicated, then some of her behaviors aren't really the result of a conscious choice. Please don't blame her for something that could, quite possibly, not be her fault entirely.

My mother told me a week after my child died that she had prayed for it. My mother has issues and even her therapist said so

Well obviously so do you, spewing so much invective for a woman pronounced sick by her therapist.

My English is not as perfect as you say because I still make mistakes :Oops: And sometimes, I don't find the right expression in English :Oops: (for example for the expression "trainer en longueur", in the word per word "to drag in lenght", but I don't know how to translate it in English)

again - your English is P-E-R-F-E-C-T (but just one small error). Grammar - perfect. Spelling - just 1 tiny error (l-e-n-g-t-h) but perfect. You speak like a real American and I didn't even know until I look at location below your avatar. That's one of things I like about Europeans. They're very multi-lingual.

Well obviously so do you, spewing so much invective for a woman pronounced sick by her therapist.

One I'm not spewing anything about her. Someone wanted me to clarify why I was upset. I did. She has issues. That's what I said. That doesn't mean I should turn off my emotions about it. My issues are anger yes. So what. I'm human, that is no reason for you who has no idea who I am to be so rude.

One I'm not spewing anything about her. Someone wanted me to clarify why I was upset. I did. She has issues. That's what I said. That doesn't mean I should turn off my emotions about it. My issues are anger yes. So what. I'm human, that is no reason for you who has no idea who I am to be so rude.

Read back all you have said since you got here. I am sick of AD becoming Psych Central.

Later old friends.:wave:

again - your English is P-E-R-F-E-C-T (but just one small error). Grammar - perfect. Spelling - just 1 tiny error (l-e-n-g-t-h) but perfect. You speak like a real American and I didn't even know until I look at location below your avatar. That's one of things I like about Europeans. They're very multi-lingual.
:Oops: Thanks :Oops:

BTW, how can we translate the expression "To drag on the length" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back