the lady at the laundromat

One time I was at the launderomat getting my clothes washed and dried then a crackhead came in and he tried to talk to me. I pointed to my hearing aid he looked too glassed with his jaw open and he was so drunk with liquor in his hand. He became angry then wanted to fight me he made it clear with his body language and put his hands up so I got in a fistfight and the ladies were screaming and somebody ran in the bathroom to call 911 or something like that I was busy fighting the crackhead and the police came. I just had gotten done fighting the crackhead. He had hit first so I finished the job for him. The police reviewed the video clip and let me go and the crackhead got a free trip to

" The 3 hot meals a day and a place to sleep city. "

The cops said he needed to find a place to stay before winter was coming so he picked me out to start a fight with and I never seen him ever before in my life. I don't do laundry at night time anymore. Just do them in the day time or at home. This was after about 7 pm or 8 pm. No thanks to doing laundry at night time anymore. He just needed a place to stay for the winter so he got what he needed , only he did not know I was Deaf and was too drunk to even see that I had a hearing aid on. The fight meant nothing to him.

Next time you go to the laundry mat, and someone keeps talking to you, and you tell that person you're deaf but ignored you and keep on talking, after that person stop talking, say " I'm sorry what did you say? "... That will make the person feel frustrated having to say it all over again :lol:

it happen to me few weeks ago my hubby and i went to chirstmas party at my work in nice hotel. My work is a BIG co I don't know all people are one man is talking to me in my ear i was like HUH hey i am deaf i can't hear you what are you saying then i told him i am deaf i can read lips then he say ohh ok and his face turn red and he say i am sorry I say don't be sorry we talk about the Co and niagara falls NY and he ask me what kind of job i work for then my co worker talk to me and the man ask my co worker is she deaf ? my co worker say yes she is .

CODAchild said:
:)

:) There you go deafclimber, the same thing happened to my husband a few months ago. We went into a Circuit City Store to look around for a Game Boy cartridge for Tiger. I just happened to be looking at CD's, but, I was nearby.
Well, a Sales Associate came up to my husband and asked if "there was anything in particular he had been looking for", so, my husband explained to him that "he is deaf", then all of a sudden, the sales associate had a weird look on his face, so I thought I better get over there and see if I can help out. I explained to the gentleman, who had been very nice, that my husband is deaf, so he cannot hear what you're saying.
The man broke out into a big smile and said "ohhhhhhhhhhhh I thought he said he is dead and scared me a bit". It turned out to be a funny situation, but, at the close of the sale, he did ask me where he could learn to sign in case something like this happens again. So, I gave him the name of several places he could start. It all worked out for the best.
So, I told my husband. See? Dead people can work miracles huh? He just laughed.

lol yep... they should read our lips - "DEAF" not DEATH. :)

Back