The L Word fight in ASL

netrox

Reaction score
OMG! I have never seen the show but this snippet of ASL fight is just champ!

That's HOT!

Deanne Bray, Marlee Matlin, Jennifer Beal? What was this from?

Yep, that's what makes the whole show HOT! Awesome actresses! LOL!

It's the L Word... I think.. it's a lesbian themed show.

Can someone post a transcript? :ty:

Curious as a person who is low vision but not totally blind, what happens if there is a tv show and it is in sign in your real life? Which is what is happening here. Then you really can't access it can you?

Marlee is with Jennifer Beal...

Then Bray shows up and Marlee signs ,"hi amy..."

Bray said, "don't hi me" in ASL

and bam, they start arguing in ASL insulting each other - bray says shes heartbroken that marlee doesn't want her after one night stand and all that. Jennifer Beal backs off and observes their fight in ASL... at times, its just a scene of flying hands with Jennifer Beal in background watching with fascination. Bray and Marlee show a lot of emotions.

It's the visual part that is the most interesting. Even hearing people who don't know ASL would find the scene fascinating.

I love season 4. Ah the practicalities - Like Bette (beals) saying to her assistant, I need a site to learn ASL as fast as possible, and ten minutes later, launching into this hardcore advanced conversation that newbie to ASL could never hack

I love this TV Show... The L Word on Showtime... Marlee is in a lot of episodes, and so is her interpreter. They also go hang out with "Jodi's" deaf friends and Better feels all weird because she can't sign as well and.... other stuff ;)

Well, The L Word was great, still is on DVD;) The part of Jodi, deaf artist, was great and could teach me some ASL!

I remember watching that! I nearly fell over laughing. LOL.

Wirelessly posted

I saw this video too and it was like omg that was like WHOA!!!! kinda makes me more involved to know asl and stuff :)

I am surprised interesting great, fast sign language!

I LOVE this show. And the actress who playes Jodie now has guest appearances on Switched at Birth on ABC Family. So good.

Jennifer Beals is one of my favourite actresses!

As a hearing person, I found it really powerful too! :D I kinda felt like Jennifer Beal, standing back and watching the hands fly!

I love Deanne Bray. I wish they hadn't canceled Heroes because I thought she was amazing in it. I don't get HBO or Showtime or whatever channel has The L Word.

Wirelessly posted

I absolutely love the L Word. I plan on getting the box set at some point. So worth getting. My gf got me hooked lol :)

Back