The Giving Tree

OpheliaSpeaks

Reaction score
So I decided to interpret The Giving Tree (by Shel Silverstein) for my ASL class. It's due on Monday. Any pointers or things to keep in mind before I embark on my endeavor??
I want to make it AWESOME!!

I'll post the video to youtube as I work on it for feedback. Everyone here is always awesome.

-erica- :wiggle:

I cannot remember what it is called at this very moment...but you know how in ASL you can become the tree and act out the tree's emotions (e.g. "and the tree was happy.")? I would do that...act as the tree whenever possible (such as stretch arms out as if they were limbs) and then switch over to act like the boy. Act out both parts. Remember to keep the spatial signing in place so you don't get them mixed up. Good luck ;).

*Can anybody out there tell me what the official term is when you switch point of views in ASL?

I have heard of that story last year called the giving tree when we hosted a spaghetti dinner event and drama for our Deaf club here in Virginia. I would say they did pretty good and very impressive story. ASL use lot of body expressions and American Sign Language (ASL) is a complex visual-spatial language that is used by the Deaf community in the United States and English-speaking parts of Canada. It is a linguistically complete, natural language. It who we are when we use asl.

ohhh one of the best books.

really? should I USE it to teach baby ASL classes? I think it s AWESOME!!

Sqrrl

Back