The FlipStart is better than the Sidekick.

FutureGame2100

Reaction score
Check out at www.flipstart.com. It has a memory card for 30+ GB and this could allow to use a camera. This are combine for Computer with Sidekick. I hope it will be expensive too. I don't know how much cost is it.

cool have to test it out first and compare it so you cant really tell which is best until you actually see and test it out.

:repost: another thread under Technologies for the Deaf

FutureGame2100 said:
Check out at www.flipstart.com. It has a memory card for 30+ GB and this could allow to use a camera. This are combine for Computer with Sidekick. I hope it will be expensive too. I don't know how much cost is it.
nope, its a laptop, not a wireless device unless you count the hotspots like @ StarBucks

"What kind of wireless connectivity do I get?
FlipStart comes with integrated 802.11b (11 Mbps) /g (54 Mbps) (“Wi-Fi”) connectivity and optional Bluetooth® wireless technology."

FutureGame2100 said:
I suppose you meant to say you hope it won't be expensive?

Yeah Shiva is right. It is impossible to say whether the mini-laptop will beat SideKick II since both have not been released to the general public.

I don't think I'd want one. Mobile phone is good enough for me. :)

Brian said:
I suppose you meant to say you hope it won't be expensive?

Yeah Shiva is right. It is impossible to say whether the mini-laptop will beat SideKick II since both have not been released to the general public.

I don't think I'd want one. Mobile phone is good enough for me. :)
I don't know how much is it. I'm waiting to see it until the available on any stores.

FutureGame2100 said:

Whoa, it is so amazed in new technology every year ! Apparently, we could not catch up our new technology. Our TTY currently becomes dust then :type: our monitors, keyboards and mouses may become dust. :hitit:

This thing looks a bit bigger than Sidekick and more bulky as well. I think this device is more of a traveling mini-laptop and not best to be used as a huge "pager".

looks like a world's smallest laptop....that runs the actual OS, not a custom one like Palm OS or whatever. dang...that's small.

You can't really compare this to a Sidekick. This device will ONLY work if you are in a Wifi hot spot (Borders, etc). You can't just whip it out at the mall and IM and email your friends.

Back